bowling tips

jimbob

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
has anyone got any bowling tips to give to me to get wickets i can keep the score down but i can never get wickets

kapildev

School Cricketer
yea man samething happens to me. i only give 1 runs an over and sometime maiden overs but never get wickets or lbw. well i manage to get few lbw appeals with spinner but so wickets. help
oh and did any1 notice that sachin tendulkar doesn't look like him but while playing world cup i saw a player in the holand team that looked like sachin. i wonder i could replace that with him on my ps2 version

KyleP

School Cricketer
i already have a hatrik and ive only have it an hour!

although it was against usa

i bowl about mid length on the offside , then press l1 to spin the bal away from him , very good chance of an edge

try it

sameer0807

Club Cricketer
KyleP said:
i already have a hatrik and ive only have it an hour!

although it was against usa

i bowl about mid length on the offside , then press l1 to spin the bal away from him , very good chance of an edge

try it
I tried that against England in a Test match, only managed to take 1 wicket from 92 overs....its really frustrating. Taking wickets is really hard.

I need more advice on bowling....c'mon someone?

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Ive already posted this on the 'My Review' Thread

With Bowling you have to bowl intelligantly. Get on top of the batsman and lower their confidence. There isnt a 'wicket line and length' youve got to bowl to a field and give the batsman as little as you can. The wicket helps aswell. (You can Use a artificial wicket). Bowl good lengths and throw in the yorkers and bouncers on the odd occasion. If you mix up the speed you will certainly trouble the batsmen.

With spinners its just keeping the batsman on his toes. Frustrate him and he will eventually play rash shots.

timbo28

School Cricketer
ronaldo7777 said:
Ive already posted this on the 'My Review' Thread

With Bowling you have to bowl intelligantly. Get on top of the batsman and lower their confidence. There isnt a 'wicket line and length' youve got to bowl to a field and give the batsman as little as you can. The wicket helps aswell. (You can Use a artificial wicket). Bowl good lengths and throw in the yorkers and bouncers on the odd occasion. If you mix up the speed you will certainly trouble the batsmen.

With spinners its just keeping the batsman on his toes. Frustrate him and he will eventually play rash shots.

thats exactly what i do, but they just dont get out and score hundreds. i mean i know how to bowl i play the game a high standard for my age but nothing works. any more advice??

hassan

International Coach
try and play on village level first its easy to take wickets in that just bolw a yorker outside of stump and put very late inswing in it and the stumps go flying i got 10-1 wickets by Lee vs USA

jazz

Panel of Selectors
well i just vary my pace and line and length and also try and not give the batsman easy runs, once the batsman finds it hard to score they will play a rash shot

also add late swing to the ball

i got new zealand all out for 337 after 90 overs in hard mode

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
i jus put in 4 slips n every fielder on the off side n bowl a foot outide off stump with late outswing n that works pretty well, u go for lots of runs over third man but wickets fall quite regularly. australia tend to take a while to skittle though

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
now on test im struggling, made 301 in first innings then bowled them out for 78 then made 409 and they are 88-1 after 60 overs. iv still got 566 runs to play with but bowling wide of off stump with slips and gullies isnt working, please any ideas welcome.

Langer has faced 194 balls for 21 runs!! AAAAHHHHH!!! he must have played and missed 100 times

sjjb

School Cricketer
i use the exact tactic as tomdood55 and hava got the aussies out under 200 in 9 innings having won 4 tests and on the way to a whitewash on tour.
damien martyn faced 79 balls until he got a run and then he was finnally out for i off 124 balls. my patients is brilliant.

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
It takes a while but u can generally get them out for under 200 in bout 100-150 overs. bit frustrating at times though

Tomdood55

School Cricketer
my patience isnt too bad either, try wicket keeping for 108 overs in a day with only 1 wicket falling, and having to do feild placings and encourage the whole time, that takes patience

Users who are viewing this thread