Boxing

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
His wife has been charged, the moment the news broke people were suspicious of her.

Btw at some point today the supermiddleweight tournament wil be announced.

Middleweight champion Arthur Abraham is in.
Supermiddleweight number 1 and WBA champion Mikkel Kessler is in.
Number 2/3 and WBC champion Carl Froch is in.
The talented is out of form conqueror of Hopkins, Jermain Taylor is in.
Olympic gold winner and undefeated prospect Andre Ward is in.
Olympic bronze winner and another good prospect Andre Dirrell is in.

It's going to be class. One of the strongest divisions around, probably only second to 140/147.

He was killed by his wife? Bloody hell!

When you say SuperMiddleweight tournament, do you mean Prize Fighter? When's that on?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
This isn't prizefighter! This is the cream of the crop, some of the best fighters in the world taking part in a 6 man round robin tournament, not some journeymen from the domestic scene.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This isn't prizefighter! This is the cream of the crop, some of the best fighters in the world taking part in a 6 man round robin tournament, not some journeymen from the domestic scene.

When's it on? And is it on Sky, or Box-bloody-Office?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
It's a series of fights with all 6 top guys facing each other. They will do so with fights about 3 months apart until 2011.

It will be on sky, I imagine it won't be PPV. Maybe Froch's fights will be.

The system works like this.

6 guys, in the group stages you face 3 different opponents. E.g Froch could face Kessler, Abraham and Dirrell. 2 points for a win, 1 for a KO/TKO,1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. The top 4 go through to the semi finals with 1 fighting 4, 2 fighting 3. Then there will be the final. It will go on for a while and I'm not sure all the fights are on the same night, in fact I don't think they are.

Stage 1
Carl Froch (the uk's only current world titlist) V Andre Dirrell (for me the best prospect) WBC TITLE
Abraham (massive puncher, middleweight champ) V Taylor (Froch beat him last year, not in the tourney)
Kessler (Calzaghe beat him, top top fighter) V Ward (prospect). WBA TITLE

Guess the final might be on PPV, if it was I would like to see everyone from the tournament on the PPV.

Leicester Fox added 18 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Apparently it might be on an ITV box office channel as well. On sky it'd be more likely to be free (well nothings free on sky)

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nice one, thanks. Should be fun.

I didn't know ITV were doing Box Office now as well?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently it isn't going to be, I got mixed up, they might be doing a subscription channel or something. I don't know tbh, it's late and I never bothered reading the whole article, just ITV are interested.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
And yet Carl Froch is involved?
How dare you! Carl is the man, give me him over Calzaghe every day, half the talent, twice the balls. Froch makes for great fights anyway so he is going to get in and he will really test the hearts of the prospects.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If anyone missed the Kahn v Barerra fight (I did - couldn't be bothered spending ?15 on it), it's being shown on Sky Sports tonight, with a repeat at 3am (which I'll record).

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Anyone see the Fury-McDermott fight on Friday Fight Night? One of the most laughable decisions I have seen in any fight. McDermott clearly won at least 6 rounds, probably won 7, and yet the referee scored it 8 rounds to 2 in favour of Fury. I thought the Bisping-Hamill decision was pretty terrible in the UFC, but this takes the biscuit. I honestly think the referee got the 2 blokes mixed up, there is no way in hell McDermott lost that fight, and it's rightly being taken to a hearing.

Been really getting into boxing recently. Been watching/recording all the Ali fights on ESPN classic. Seen Ali/Frazier I, Ali/Liston, Ali/Foreman and have Ali/Frazier (thrilla in Manila) to watch on my Sky +. I've already got Friday Fight Night and the Mayweather-Marquez fight on to record, and I'm looking forward to them both. Just hoping Mayweather gets owned. He more than likely won't, but it would be nice.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Fury-McDonut was a joke, apparently the ref was KO'd by McDonuts dad though so that probably explains it. Ref's shouldn't be judges. This weekends fight will be a good one, especially with Marquez having the power of the piss.

Castillo-Corrales fight is another great one. Unbelievable to think Gatti and Corrales are gone now.

Speaking of which, Darren Sutherland passed away last night, gutted, I was so upset. He had the world at his feet and was an awesome guy, none of the other deaths in boxing this year got to me like this one did, RIP Darren.

Users who are viewing this thread