Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup Thread

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand (3-4-3): 1-Glen MOSS (GK), 3-Tony LOCHHEAD, 5-Tommy SMITH (capt), 7-Leo BERTOS, 8-Michael MCGLINCHEY, 15-Ivan VICELICH, 16- Jeremy BROCKIE, 17-Kosta BARBAROUSES, 20-Chris WOOD, 21-Jeremy CHRISTIE, 22-Andrew DURANTE.

Substitutes (from): 2-Jake BUTLER, 4-Ben SIGMUND, 6-Bill TUILOMA, 9-Shane SMELTZ, 10-Rory FALLON, 11-Marco ROJAS, 12-Tamati WILLIAMS, 13-Chris JAMES, 14-Storm ROUX, 18-Craig HENDERSON, 19-Aaron CLAPHAM, 23-Jacob SPOONLEY (GK)

Coach: Ricki Herbert

Soccer: Smith to captain All Whites - Sport - NZ Herald News

War

Chairman of Selectors
Saw part of the 1st half. Although predictable NZ was going to defend deep & look to counter-attack given the difficulty of the altitude etc, i thought they might have been a bit more potent going forward. Ah well..

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Saw part of the 1st half. Although predictable NZ was going to defend deep & look to counter-attack given the difficulty of the altitude etc, i thought they might have been a bit more potent going forward. Ah well..

Yeah, we really got both our tactics and XI wrong. We needed to make an effort to try and keep position in the first half and not just boot it away down field giving it straight back to them. At least we did better than Jordan who lost five nil at home.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well I did say that Ukraine was a potential banana skin for France. Will be tough to come back from a 2 goal deficit.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Almost there, Ukraine. Don't cock this one up now (as Milan did versus Farca last year), please.

War

Chairman of Selectors
As many would obviously notice, Ronaldo has to win the player of the year award after that performance. Geez..

Also this is what France looks like when they play somewhere close to potential. Remain my world cup darkhoses from Europe if they can build on this result.

One key chance they should do is stop playing Abidal.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Almost there, Ukraine. Don't cock this one up now (as Milan did versus Farca last year), please.

And cock up they did... :facepalm

EDIT: Has Sakho won you over yet, Don? Couldn't have asked for more from the man yesterday. An absolute monster!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread