Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

I would get it if you dont have it. But everyone has different conditions Jobs/studies etc.

I would but the game doesn't work on my laptop. I downloaded the demo and it didn't work. :(

I guess that's because you have integrated graphics and/or a too low resolution screen? That would suck :(

Nah Ollie, Hedger is always like this on every part of the forum, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it yet. His posting style never changes. In fact, I would say Hedger's looking a bit happier in this thread than normal.

Oh yes I remember. That's really annoying for you :(

Good call Blake :p

That Jonathan Bairstow really blew Hedger and CG apart!
Chewie didn't need him as the player blew themselves!:laugh

Two matches a day or not? I'll go play my game shortly, need to finish before the cricket starts :)

I'm not really sure.
If you guys both have time, we should post two matches a day.
Since it's raining here in Auckland, me and Chewie should be able to post two matches today.

Worcestershire vs Durham
Twenty Over Cup - group match
6th June 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
2. Vikram Solanki*?
3. Daryl Mitchell
4. Steven Smith
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Ben Smith
7. Moeen Ali
8. Imran Arif
9. Gareth Andrew
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Same team to the first match, but just a few changes to the batting order.

Durham

1. Michael Di Venuto
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Dale Benkenstein
4. Albie Morkel
5. Phil Mustard*?
6. Will Smith
7. Gordon Muchall
8. Liam Plunkett
9. Murtaza Hussain
10. Callum Thorp
11. Mark Davies

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 146 for 7 (20 overs)

Steven Smith 27 (23)
Vikram Solanki 26 (17)
Five more of our batsmen scored between 10 and 21 runs.

Albie Morkel 2-28
Liam Plunkett 2-29
Mark Davies 2-34

Durham - 150 for 1 (18.4 overs)

Kyle Coetzer 74 (56)
Michael Di Venuto 69 (50)

Steven Smith 1-26 (4)

Result:

Durham win by 9 wickets, with 8 balls remaining

Durham 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Kyle Coetzer (74 runs off 56 balls)

Reaction:

Durham has one of the biggest top seven's in county cricket, and today they only required three of them. A powerhouse up against a nothinghouse, this was always going to be the likely result.

Again our bowlers let us down, the track had a bit in it, and 146 was a decent effort by our weak batting line-up. Seven of our batsmen got a start, scoring between 10 and 27 runs, but not one of them managed to push on. Again our captain and our overseas player stood up, but one of them really had to play a big innings.

I think a few changes are due next match. Gareth Andrew had played two matches, and has bowled two overs conceding 29 runs, as a bowler. The so called "defensive" batsmen Daryl Mitchell and Alex Kervezee have both struggled with strike-rates of under 100, so one of them is likely to make way for a more "aggressive" player.

I'm not really sure.
If you guys both have time, we should post two matches a day.
Since it's raining here in Auckland, me and Chewie should be able to post two matches today.

I've got an essay to do lol I should find time to play two games though

I take it you're not going to the match?

I take it you're not going to the match?

I don't know.
I was planning to go, but the rain is really putting me off...

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Also I got to find time to do the 2009 geography scholarship paper by Monday, which I haven't started.

6th June 2010
Worcestershire vs Durham
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Moeen Ali
4. Steven Smith
5. Imran Arif
6. Vikram Solanki*
7. Alex Kervezee
8. Joe Leach
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Chris Whelan

Durham

1. Michael Di Venuto
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Ross Taylor
4. Dale Benkenstein
5. Albie Morkel
6. Iain Blackwell
7. Phil Mustard*?
8. Gareth Breese
9. Liam Plunkett
10. Callum Thorp
11. Steven Harmison

Blah blah blah, more T20. Whelan comes in for Cox in our only change, against a very threatening Durham lineup.

Lost the toss and was made to bowl. Somehow Di Venuto survived an LBW appeal in the first over, and celebrated by hitting the next ball for six. Solanki then dropped Coetzer in the second over, but Mitchell made up for that by catching Di Venuto at second slip. Solanki also atoned for his error, catching Coetzer out on the last ball of that over. Mason continued bowling well in his second over, clean bowling Benkenstein. Taylor and Morkel combined well however, and when Smith came into the attack, Taylor played his favoured slog sweep to smash him for four multiple times. Taylor was eventually dismissed for 72, caught behind off Smith, but his 44 ball innings had put Durham into a good position. Blackwell had a bit of fun before being bowled for 17 off 7 balls. Mason bowled a tight last over, but Durham still managed 177 thanks to their two overseas players.

Initial signs were mixed, with Mitchell smashing a 4 and a six within the first two overs, while Jaques looked uncomfortable at the crease. He eventually departed trying to hit over the top, but miscuing. Harmison also got Mitchell out LBW in the same over, and like normal we faced early trouble. Ali played reasonable well before a Plunkett deliver shaved his off stump to have him out bowled. Smith looked in fine form, and Arif was supporting him slightly uncomfortably, but still hanging in. Smith was out LBW to Morkel to a very dubious decision. Hawkeye suggested that the ball wouldn't have hit the stumps, and Smith was extremely disappointed to have to leave. When Breese came on to bowl, Arif greeted him with three fours, before getting bowled on the 5 delivery of the over. Solanki was caught behind, and Leach was lucky to stay, after missing a straight delivery, only for the ball to be called a no ball. He was eventually bowled between his legs, and it was up to Kervezee and the tail. We eventually required 18 from the last over. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely. Richardson only managed 3 from the over, as we lost by 14 runs.

Jaques has been in terrible form in the two T20s played so far, and Jayasuriya may get an opportunity in his place. Leach has also played rather badly, and an extra batsman will be played instead in the next match. Mason's bowling and the batting of Smith and Arif were the only good points of the match for us.

95802899.png

Durham win by 14 runs

Users who are viewing this thread