Bring Back Duff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
We're taking sides? That's funny as I thought our aim was to work closer with the mods and admins? Guess not. Good luck with your mutiny.
Not what I meant.

What I meant was, did he want duff back, or not

I echo this. Colin had made a post asking mods to ease up on some things BEFORE Duff came out and ambushed us with that post.
But did the mods listen?

Obviously, Colin's attempt didn't work, or theres no evidence of it working, so Duff took matters into his own hands.

Without Duff doing this, he would still be on the staff, but we would still be attacked and humiliated by the mods removing our posts, threads, and our pride.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
So, whose side are you on?

Mate your getting caught in the heat of the moment a bit too much don't you think?

There are no sides, and I can't see why your so annoyed its not like Duff's been banned or anything why get so worked up about it?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Mate your getting caught in the heat of the moment a bit too much don't you think?

There are no sides, and I can't see why your so annoyed its not like Duff's been banned or anything why get so worked up about it?
Because I don't think Duff deserved this.

He did an Inzamam: He stood up for whats right

Can ANYONE on this forum object to that?

Did he or did he not just put him in that class of Inzis? Does even ONE person remember what happened at The Oval?

Surely, someone would.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Not what I meant.

What I meant was, did he want duff back, or not

But did the mods listen?

Obviously, Colin's attempt didn't work, or theres no evidence of it working, so Duff took matters into his own hands.

Without Duff doing this, he would still be on the staff, but we would still be attacked and humiliated by the mods removing our posts, threads, and our pride.

how do you know exactly when colin made the request?

taking a bit too far don't you think?

pal

International Coach

Not even a day had passed after Colin made that post, when Duff created the contentious thread. I don't know if BA would want me to post it here, but it stated almost exactly the same thing people have been calling for.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
would it be possible to show us a link to this post?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

Well seeing as less than 24 hours elapsed between the two posts if that was indeed Duff's reasoning I think he might have given it a bit longer...
Any forum needs to continously review how it works with its members and we're no exception. I, and the other admins, are always working with the staff and dealing with problems from members and that is the correct way to go about solving these problems; not through the way Duff did it.
It's pretty naive to think that we had no idea about the concerns certain members had until Duff kindly told us. All his thread has done is create a lot of bad feeling, made the job of the staff harder and cost us a good moderator. It hasn't told us anything we didn't know nor has it made any of the problems easier to deal with.

Not even a day had passed after Colin made that post, when Duff created the contentious thread. I don't know if BA would want me to post it here, but it stated almost exactly the same thing people have been calling for.

I'd rather it wasn't posted as it was a private post intended for the eyes of the staff only. It is also part of a continous process myself and other admins are involved in in responding to PMs from members and passing on suggestions to moderators where appropriate.

Last edited:

hassan

International Coach
Right call this thread off and start working on the lists you apparently made and oh give Duff another chance he is worthy of it

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Right call this thread off and start working on the lists you apparently made and oh give Duff another chance he is worthy of it

I find myself repeating what I said earlier but there is no way someone who has lost the confidence and respect of the entire staff can continue as a staff member. Additionally we gave Duff a chance for two days between him posting the thread and today as I explained earlier in the thread.
It would be nice if you didn't just assume that you know best and that all the staff and admins are compulsive liars.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I apologize for the post where it says Colin's attempt did not work

I for some apparent reason assumed that there had been some time between Colin's post in the admin section and the thread here that he made (atleast a week)

However, can you deny, that duff's intentions were good?

Did he mean any harm to this site?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a question to ask . as far i know staff can get their email id like [email protected] , similarly they can use this address in yahoo as well as in Hotmail . Well Duff was also one of the staff and he is email id is also @planetcricket.org as now Duff is no more staff will be is his email id also get affcted by this ?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Look this is pointless even if the staff agree with some of Duff's idea he's not coming back so even if he didnt mean harm it doesn't make no difference, I can't see why we all can't get along?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I have a question to ask . as far i know staff can get their email id like [email protected] , similarly they can use this address in yahoo as well as in Hotmail . Well Duff was also one of the staff and he is email id is also @planetcricket.org as now Duff is no more staff will be is his email id also get affcted by this ?
Even if its taken away, rest assured i think he will still be able to use it in msn.

madmick96

Club Cricketer
What exactly did Duff do, but whatever it is he seems like a nice bloke and you guys should do the right thing...

Dalek

Club Cricketer
Ok, this is rediculous.

If you guys feel so "angry" about duff's thread, why do you have to remove his Staff status?

Surely, if you want to give some form of punishment, at least make it temporary, like a week. This is just rediculous, because I can see 2 things happening :

A) Lots of people leave PlanetCricket

or

B) Nothing changes, and the moderators continue to dictate terms (as duff noted in his post)

We leave the future of PlanetCricket in your hands, administrators.

Really I think you have two options - Bring back Duff, or close the site permanently.

Is this a bad thing, most of the users who say theyl leave are the bad ones anyone with the exception of 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread