Bug Report Discussion

Maybe create an Ashes Cricket Online Discussion thread so these kind of discussions can be a collated into an easily accessible *cough* avoidable place? I think online and offline priorities are very different so having them discussed in one place as if they are the same thing is bound to lead to conflict.

Maybe create an Ashes Cricket Online Discussion thread so these kind of discussions can be a collated into an easily accessible *cough* avoidable place? I think online and offline priorities are very different so having them discussed in one place as if they are the same thing is bound to lead to conflict.
I think someone did, and it got deleted later on :)

To @BigAntStudios , @Matt and other moderators/ testers,

First of all, I would like to say Ashes cricket is surely a step forward from DBC versions in many ways but at the same time it can be improved in some of the aspects.

I have been following all the threads here + the bug reporting thread and I can clearly see you might be looking at probably >100s of issues posted by offline and online community due to which there is high likelihood to get lost in the weeds. I can speak from my online experience. There is now a big need to prioritize these issues in a uniformed fashion.

Near term: First foremost, modifiers/sliders working in the online mode need to be locked. I feel its making a huge impact on the online gameplay and we don’t even know the issues we are facing at the moment are due to sliders or not. My thought is that it has a role to play. One example is ball release marker timing which is perfect in patch 1.05 but modifiers have again ruined it. So sliders issue need to be fixed much sooner than later so we all can bring the right issues to the table- go forward. Can I ask when this is expected to be fixed?

Longer term: (assuming following issues still remain post sliders lock) we can think about issues such as difficulty in pulling leg cutter bouncers, cancel run bug issue, ball marker timing etc.

From
Sid Gupta (cricket lover and an experienced online player of all big ants titles since launch of DBC 14)
Thank You

Standard controls feels more in control. I am able to play cut shots now. Using classic, I was struggling big time. For bowling, I had already shifted to standard controls. Guess I will continue with standard for batting as well, unless I have a real reason(increase difficulty).

Ok I am on standard batting too, playing the AI the India pace bowlers were short bowling bouncing it up into my chest, I could never get a swing to register and often it would do some ungainly swing.

I just want to go a bit Viv Richards and cross bat blast that thing out of there. I can't find that shot, can't trigger the animation.

Also struggling to hit a pull shot, should be RT/R2 for back foot, point LS to square and push aggressive or attacking?

All RT/R2 shots feel worthless to me.

What is your controller input for the cut shot?

I am trying to decide if I should point and hold the LS a direction first once I see the landing point, as the bowler is running up and then press the swing type or should I wait for the delivery and combine direction and button press as one motion or should I lean the LS and then press the swing button right after???

In training I can get results and nonsense using each method.

Ok I am on standard batting too, playing the AI the India pace bowlers were short bowling bouncing it up into my chest, I could never get a swing to register and often it would do some ungainly swing.

I just want to go a bit Viv Richards and cross bat blast that thing out of there. I can't find that shot, can't trigger the animation.

Also struggling to hit a pull shot, should be RT/R2 for back foot, point LS to square and push aggressive or attacking?

All RT/R2 shots feel worthless to me.

What is your controller input for the cut shot?

I am trying to decide if I should point and hold the LS a direction first once I see the landing point, as the bowler is running up and then press the swing type or should I wait for the delivery and combine direction and button press as one motion or should I lean the LS and then press the swing button right after???

In training I can get results and nonsense using each method.

The problem is with the short balls outside off, I try aggressive shot on the off with the back foot trigger but the balls travels elsewhere, mostly to mid off. And apparently you cannot pull those deliveries either.
I was able to cut a normal delivery of a spinner on back foot. But classic controls I wasn't able to do that either.

I'm on PS4, so R2 and left stick to the off along with O(aggressive).

The problem is with the short balls outside off, I try aggressive shot on the off with the back foot trigger but the balls travels elsewhere, mostly to mid off. And apparently you cannot pull those deliveries either.
I was able to cut a normal delivery of a spinner on back foot. But classic controls I wasn't able to do that either.

Thank you.

All I want is to trigger this shot Maxwell, the mocap player BA used, does here. Should be press RT/R2 push left stick to square and go (O) aggressive shot

Last edited:

There's no pull shot for bowls just outside off stump . Have been reported and might get fixed

Honestly as far as offline is concerned, i am pretty content with the core gameplay except for certain bugs/issues which have been discussed at length and i believe will be looked at.

My major problem is OP batting. It is way too easy. See the video. I am playing at hard batting and legend difficulty. Note that jadhav is low in confidence as he has just played 3 balls. Still he is easily hitting sixes at will.

My question is how does that tell you that majority of the gamers playing Ashes Cricket are playing online?

It’s easy for us to figure it out if you can tell us how many copies of Ashes were sold. We can compare that number to the number of users in leaderboard

Honestly as far as offline is concerned, i am pretty content with the core gameplay except for certain bugs/issues which have been discussed at length and i believe will be looked at.

My major problem is OP batting. It is way too easy. See the video. I am playing at hard batting and legend difficulty. Note that jadhav is low in confidence as he has just played 3 balls. Still he is easily hitting sixes at will.
What team are you facing?

My mature reaction to last couple of pages :facepalm

Snowy is spot on. You keep making mistake of buying a game you never seem to like
If you don’t wait to see what issues game has before buying that’s your issue, no one else’s

My finger is poised on delete button ....

How in the world can one find out what bugs game has even before buying it ?
Your responses shows your attitude towards people who are loyal customers since DBC 14

Users who are viewing this thread