Platform: Xbox One
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0354
Game Mode: ASHES tour
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Mine ENGLAND and AI Australia
Ground:
Gabba
Over Count: NA
Issue (one line description): Able to change match settings while resuming teh saved game
Bug description (detail): while resuming ashes tour at AUS when i resume the game, game allowed me to edit all match settings even i able to change the squad and kit where as half of game already played. PFB snap2 for same
Can you give some more detail here, I can't get this to happen. Does this happen every time you resume the save file? Are you changing things like the controller assignments or playing a different kind of match prior to resuming?

For this bug yes it happened everytime when i resume Ashes mode (on going ashes test game) and m neither changing any controller nor team.

Apart from match setting, game even allows me to edit the kit along with squad as well in same game while resuming on going ashes mode.

For this bug yes it happened everytime when i resume Ashes mode (on going ashes test game) and m neither changing any controller nor team.
Do you have any other save files or just that one? If you start another Ashes series save does it also happen on that one?

I have only one on going ashes game, ok i will start another ashes game and will check if issue exist in that as well or not

Reactions: DAP
@MattW thanks as i just able to filter down further same bug.

I played as ashes with all 4 types and after 10-15 over i exit the game. While resuming, issue exist only when you play as STAR PLAYER or CUSTOM PLAYER type then further as a player. More specific system show me to edit MATCH SETTINGS along with LINEUP every time.

Sorry i never noticed as my first game was "PLAY as START PLAYER in ASHES MODE"

PS4
Game Mode:
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licensed)
Ground: Any
Over Count: Any

Issue: Short pitch deliveries not being able to cut/pull/hook on front foot (major impact on online legend mode)

Description: The bouncers/short pitch deliveries are not playable on front foot (when cutting/pulling, late cut or playing hook). And u are not capable of connecting even one (on front foot). This makes it hard for the people who love to watch and play in legend mode. As in legend mode, we don’t get much time to think to change the footwork, we have been forced to premeditate all the time while playing pacers.. especially in online mode it plays a major role and creates much impact.. ie., we have to do gambling all the time.. premeditation is okay, but the sad thing is, when you are expecting a bouncer and playing in back foot, if the bowler suddenly bowls a Yorker, the wicket will be gone as FULL LENGTH DELIVERIES / YORKERS are not connecting on back foot.. in dbc14 we had the option to play bouncers in front foot, and playing almost any shots in back foot.. even in dbc17 we were able to play certain bouncers on front foot... but in Ashes, its like completely not connecting..

That’s why, to have the balance in batting in online legend mode especially, back as past two titles(DBC14/17), can we have that back where we can play the bouncer shots as cut/lofted cut/pull/lofted pull/hook/lofted hook/late cut/lofted late cut etc on front foot? Either the option of playing bouncers in front foot (and/or) playing yorkers/full length deliveries on back foot like dbc14 would be great.. It would be a big game changer for us those who love to watch and play in legend mode..

This is the major request in terms of gameplay from our community of 100+ super active online players who does play the game daily (group link).. @BigAntStudios

Awesome post. Just what we had been speaking about on group. I’d suggest to have the first option, the shots back on bouncers with front foot instead of playing backfoot to yorkers, would be more realistic! Hoping to see some change soon to have better online experience.

Any idea when the next patch will be coming out approx?.

Awesome post. Just what we had been speaking about on group. I’d suggest to have the first option, the shots back on bouncers with front foot instead of playing backfoot to yorkers, would be more realistic! Hoping to see some change soon to have better online experience.

Any idea when the next patch will be coming out approx?.

Pump the brakes. The game hasn’t even officially hit release date yet...

One note here - there have been a number of posts that are not following the template. The version number is extremely important for ensuring you have the patch, and for distinguishing the versions for different regions. Don't copy the post above you - go to the first post, get the template, fill it in. I'll get sick of that happening soon and just start hitting delete if people won't provide that info.

Additionally, you should never say 'Any' unless you have tried and mean ALL - an example of a match type/ground something has occurred at can help - unless something occurs in the main menu, then those fields should be filled in. If something is pre-match, then Overs would be N/A not 'Any'.

PS4
Game Mode: Career Mode
Match Type:
any
Teams used: Pakistan (unLicensed)

Issue: Career mode AI players not improving
Bug description: The ai players from my team haven't gain a single attributes now in to my 2nd season where as my career player moves from 40 to 47 overall skills. This is worse than DBC17 where ai players improved at a snail pace and your players improved leaps and bound

Also into my 2nd season the dynamic lineups have stopped working ( teams uses 14/15 players in the first season) now it's keep selecting same xi in 2nd season except one team which used 12 players
Will need a bit more information - when you say 'Pakistan' - did you do a Star Player career with a Pakistan player (if so, which one), or are you playing a Rookie career - in which case, which domestic/club teams did you choose?

Platform: Xbox One
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0354
Game Mode: TOUR >> 3 match T20 series
Match Type: T20
Teams used:
Mine (ENG), AI (AUS)
Ground: Blundstone Arena
Over Count: NA
Issue (one line description): Stadium score-board showing different figures
Bug description (detail): AI was all out in 16 overs and I started batting and stadium scorecard showing remaining run-rate 22 with remaining overs as 4. PFB snap2 for same.
Did this update after the first ball of the new innings to be correct?

Good example here of following the format.

PS4
Game Mode:
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licensed)

Issue: Short pitch deliveries not being able to cut/pull/hook on front foot (major impact on online legend mode)

Description: The bouncers/short pitch deliveries are not playable on front foot (when cutting/pulling, late cut or playing hook). And u are not capable of connecting even one (on front foot). This makes it hard for the people who love to watch and play in legend mode. As in legend mode, we don’t get much time to think to change the footwork, we have been forced to premeditate all the time while playing pacers.. especially in online mode it plays a major role and creates much impact.. ie., we have to do gambling all the time.. premeditation is okay, but the sad thing is, when you are expecting a bouncer and playing in back foot, if the bowler suddenly bowls a Yorker, the wicket will be gone as FULL LENGTH DELIVERIES / YORKERS are not connecting on back foot.. in dbc14 we had the option to play bouncers in front foot, and playing almost any shots in back foot.. even in dbc17 we were able to play certain bouncers on front foot... but in Ashes, its like completely not connecting..

That’s why, to have the balance in batting in online legend mode especially, back as past two titles(DBC14/17), can we have that back where we can play the bouncer shots as cut/lofted cut/pull/lofted pull/hook/lofted hook/late cut/lofted late cut etc on front foot? Either the option of playing bouncers in front foot (and/or) playing yorkers/full length deliveries on back foot like dbc14 would be great.. It would be a big game changer for us those who love to watch and play in legend mode..

This is the major request in terms of gameplay from our community of 100+ super active online players who does play the game daily (group link).. @BigAntStudios

This doesn't sound like a bug, not at all. In fact, its cricket done right.

The whole point of adding multiple difficulty levels is to allow users to choose which one makes it challenging, and in turn entertaining, for them. AI is expected to auto-correct a lot of stuff on lower difficulties and next to little at the highest difficulty.

Players should NOT be able to play a high bouncer on the front foot same goes for yorker on back foot. If you think there is too little time to make the required adjustment then reduce the difficulty level. That's the whole point of adding multiple difficulty levels - easy to pick-up-n-play; difficult to master.

The whole point of adding multiple difficulty levels is to allow users to choose which one makes it challenging, and in turn entertaining, for them. AI is expected to auto-correct a lot of stuff on lower difficulties and next to little at the highest difficulty.

Players should NOT be able to play a high bouncer on the front foot same goes for yorker on back foot. If you think there is too little time to make the required adjustment then reduce the difficulty level. That's the whole point of adding multiple difficulty levels - easy to pick-up-n-play; difficult to master.

Exactly. What I do is play on a custom difficulty slider setting which is medium-hard for everything except the bowling markers. My reaction times are just too shockingly bad to pick up the length so I give myself an extra .5 seconds or so before the ball is released to adjust.

8D1B872C-903A-41D9-9D56-6F57FEB9D535.jpeg 8D1B872C-903A-41D9-9D56-6F57FEB9D535.jpeg
One note here - there have been a number of posts that are not following the template. The version number is extremely important for ensuring you have the patch, and for distinguishing the versions for different regions. Don't copy the post above you - go to the first post, get the template, fill it in. I'll get sick of that happening soon and just start hitting delete if people won't provide that info.

Additionally, you should never say 'Any' unless you have tried and mean ALL - an example of a match type/ground something has occurred at can help - unless something occurs in the main menu, then those fields should be filled in. If something is pre-match, then Overs would be N/A not 'Any'.

Will need a bit more information - when you say 'Pakistan' - did you do a Star Player career with a Pakistan player (if so, which one), or are you playing a Rookie career - in which case, which domestic/club teams did you choose?

Did this update after the first ball of the new innings to be correct?

Good example here of following the format.

No please check snap for same

I agree and I hope they do not change the current behaviour on Ashes Cricket. If someone is not able to connect bouncers off front-foot on Legend, they should play at a lower difficulty level or have the aerial marker show a little early to avoid pre-meditation!

PS4
Game Mode: online
Match Type:
any
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licenced)
Issue:
Batsman stumped for missing lofted shot (major issue)
Bug description: The batsman often gets stumped if he misses the shot when lofting against a spinner. 2/3 times this happens

This actually happens offline as well. I have been out about 2 or 3 times when trying to hit a spinner (it does not necessarily have to be a lofted shot). If you try to hit a spinner (without any triggers; using just left and right stick) and you miss, very often your player has his foot slightly outside the crease and gets stumped. Pressing O (circle button) to attempt to return back to crease doesn't work!

This actually happens offline as well. I have been out about 2 or 3 times when trying to hit a spinner (it does not necessarily have to be a lofted shot). If you try to hit a spinner (without any triggers; using just left and right stick) and you miss, your player has his foot slightly outside the crease and gets stumped. Pressing O (circle button) to attempt to return back to crease doesn't work!
Trying to track this down - video of replays of the shot being played will help here.

Users who are viewing this thread