Bug Report Discussion

Are you sure there wasn’t a rain delay prior to play starting?
That should be the reason but I would request @BigAntStudios to show a notification with a pop up saying that Match reduced to so and so. Let the player click a button that way its more clear. Currently how it is setup is no where it gets mentioned about overs reduction.

I'll start by saying that I got the game yesterday and only had time to play 1 day of the first test; therefore the below represents 100% of my experience with the game.

Playing on PS4 with day 1 patch, Pro, Hard bowling Medium batting.

Jumped straight into the Ashes playing as the Poms, lost the toss and was invited to bowl on a Hard pristine pitch.

Rain delayed the start of play and at stumps Aus were 6/268 from 76 overs.

Sounds like a perfect day of test cricket... BUT... the effect was spoiled somewhat by the fact that 3 of the dismissals were "buggy" run-outs, and even worse all 3 of the run out batsmen were well set and had passed or were close to 50 (Warner, Khawaja and Maxwell). While I appreciated the help, it definitely jarred a little bit.

From my bug report:

Day 1 of the first test of the Ashes, 3 of the 6 wickets I was able to take were strange buggy runouts:

i) Batsman drives to midoff; non striker is backing up, doesn't get back into his crease, mid-on shies and runs him out (Warner)
ii) Batsman hits it to deep cover. Non striker runs but striker stays where he is so both batsmen at the same end (Khawaja)
iii) As above but striker starts running when the non striker gets to his end so is run out halfway down the pitch (Maxwell)

There were easy singles on offer for ii and iii; never a run for i but they weren't attempting one anyway, non striker was just dozy.

It's a shame because two of the 3 "legitimate" wickets I took were absolute beauties - Renshaw cleaned up early playing across an Anderson inswinger and Rashid pegging back Smith's offstump after bamboozling him with a big spinning wrong-un shortly after he got his century.

I haven't seen any other reports complaining about run-outs so I just thought I'd check and see if others have had similar or if I was just incredibly unlucky (or lucky depending on your perspective).

@BigAntStudios @MattW I am playing the game on Xbox One. Why is that the outfielders stand so far in from the boundary ropes? As a result of which AI often does not take a single when the ball is hit straight to the outfielders.

Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.04
Game Mode: ashes series
Match Type: test
Teams used: aus
(Ai) ind (user)
Ground: sydney
Over Count: various
Issue (one line description): got out and given by umpire as well while batting, but batsman and score still remain
Bug description (detail): as above, kept trying to get out and the problem kept persisting (virat kohli if that makes is of any use) can upload a video for reference if required.

I would request everybody if when any discussion going on about the bug , please start by quoting with @ username who has posted the bug.
It will help that person to know that his bug is being discussed. Many thanks to all ...

Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Australia (default/human) & England (AI)
Ground: North Syndey
Over Count: 63.1
Issue (one line description): Appealed for LBW, batsman given out, then it's suddenly the next ball and the batsman isn't out.
Bug description (detail): Appealed for LBW, it was given, then it jumped to the next ball. There was no review, it just moved onto the next ball and it was now a dot. Checking the BigEye it was out, it was a spinner, it was not a no ball. One of the fielders did take the bails off during the appeal for no reason, maybe that impacted it.

Edit: Just to add this, as it seems it was inappropriate to include it as a quote of another post:

Someone in another thread has suggested that it might be due to skipping the umpire putting his finger up. I think I may have when the instance that I reported occurred.

Last edited:
Game Version: v01. 01.0363
Game Mode: Ashes series
Teams used: Australia

Over Count: 16th over
Issue : Lbw outs not registered as wickets
Bug description : Twice I got out on lbw by the AI both the time, I was given out but both my batsmen continued playing the next ball.

The bug can be noticed around 6.00 in the video

When i am playing with my brother in same team with Broadcast camera...invert batting doesnt work...any solution?
Xbox along with guest account

Teams used: England (default/human) & New Zealand (AI)
Ground: Allan Border Field
Over Count: 19
Issue (one line description): Appealed for LBW, given out by umpire but batsman stays in next ball, score remains the same
Bug description (detail): Same LBW bug as already reported earlier in the thread. Managed to reproduce the bug for two successive deliveries in a row!

Platform: PS4 Pro
Game Version: v 0.1.0.1.0363
Game Mode: Ashes Series
Match Type: Test Match
Teams used: Australia (AI) and England (Me)
Ground: Adelaide
Over Count: 22.0 overs
Issue (one line description): Batsmen given out but still there next ball.
Bug description (detail): Batsmen edges behind and caught by keeper, umpire gives it out but the batsmen is still there next ball.

I've just moved a few of the posts re-reporting the issue reported regarding dismissals not registering - if you're adding more info to something already reported, the discussion thread is the place for it. As much as possible the main reports thread should be unique things not reported by others, if you're unsure if something's the same, then put it in there.

Avoiding repeating the same bugs in that thread helps ensure things that are posted aren't missed.

I can't find any other reports of this since the patch, but it appears my previous post on it was removed.

Platform
: PS4
Teams used: Australia (default/human) & England (AI)
Ground: North Syndey
Over Count: Any
Issue (one line description): Pitch cracks not appearing at the start of an over, during replays, or after a change of field.
Bug description (detail): Basically the above, pitch cracks not appearing at certain times, then reappearing the next ball.

Platform: PS4 Pro
Game Version: v 0.1.0.1.0363
Game Mode: Ashes Series
Match Type: Test Match
Teams used: Australia (AI) and England (Me)
Ground: Adelaide
Over Count: 22.0 overs
Issue (one line description): Batsmen given out but still there next ball.
Bug description (detail): Batsmen edges behind and caught by keeper, umpire gives it out but the batsmen is still there next ball.

So, is it now impossible to have a batsman dismissed? Or is this bug intermittent?

Users who are viewing this thread