Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Cancelled my Amazon order and bunked off work to pick a copy up from Game on Regent St. Only two left, and they wouldn't reserve one for me until lunchtime. Cost me an extra ?7 and an hour of my time, hope it's worth it.

Why the scarcity? With the cricket season just starting in the UK, the game surely has a decent shelf life. Have to question the distribution plans of Tru Blu / Alternative.

One things for sure - I'll never preorder with Amazon again.

Did you have to call to get an offer to reserve it by lunch time mate? They wouldn't let me reserve a copy through the live chat :(.

@Hallzy Reviewers that have to pay for the game may be tougher but at least they should know what they're talking about.

Amazon screwed up my order. I can't pick one up in any GAME branch as they are now all reserved for preorders.

To be completely honest I think its pretty poor that the game is so difficult to get hold of from the biggest online retailer and the biggest high street UK games retailer. If i was big ant/tru blu i would be asking serious questions about my supply and distribution process and i would be embarassed that it's over a week since the official launch and people in the UK are still having so much difficulty in getting hold of a copy.

Think i might just blow my 50 quid on someting else, i'm sick of the delays and availability issues with this game.

Alright chaps, just got home from lakeside GAME. a quick warning for you all

When i got to the till the attendant had to get my game from the storeroom, he turned to me and said 'You are lucky you got here early mate, we only have 2 copies of the game' The way he said it sounded like each GAME only has 2 copies in stock + pre-orders. So if you are going out to get the game then i suggest you head there sharpish!

Hope my warning helps, good luck

Still hoping no one in my area is interest in a cricket game and there's still a copy left tonight :(.

That and I'm a tight bastard :)

Even if you send free copies (and, as Ross alludes, those aren't "FREE" copies: they are at the publishers expense!) there's no guarantee that they will review it: we got very few reviews for AC09 and IC10 but I'm sure all the main outlets got their copies in plenty of time.

Hopefully with DBC charting well and, as word of mouth spreads, those that care will start to pick it up. If not now then when the Steam version hits: accredited press can download it for free then, at no cost to the publisher.

Alright chaps, just got home from lakeside GAME. a quick warning for you all

When i got to the till the attendant had to get my game from the storeroom, he turned to me and said 'You are lucky you got here early mate, we only have 2 copies of the game' The way he said it sounded like each GAME only has 2 copies in stock + pre-orders. So if you are going out to get the game then i suggest you head there sharpish!

Hope my warning helps, good luck

I spoke to lakeside game and they said they had 6. I was gonna go up there later, but looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get mine from Amazon.

I spoke to lakeside game and they said they had 6. I was gonna go up there later, but looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get mine from Amazon.

Fair enough then, I was told 2 but there must have been more that the bloke did not find, hope your amazon order comes through tomorrow.

Did you have to call to get an offer to reserve it by lunch time mate? They wouldn't let me reserve a copy through the live chat :(.

No, they wouldn't reserve it for me on live chat or via phone - so I took my chances and headed into town. Ironically, I work slap bang next door to Oval but had to trek up to West End to track down a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread