Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Yeah, I've already got that demographic covered.

*swears, punches a seal and throws up on self to underline the point*

I did see ads for Rugby League Live on TV here, maybe that's more part of the NRL licensing deal though rather than a Tru Blu direct buy.

I wonder how much it would be to have a 30 minute slot on one of those shopping channels?

Our RL game sells a lot more than cricket :(

Our RL game sells a lot more than cricket
Dare I ask how well the RLL1 PC version did by comparison to the PC version of DBC14?

I suppose the other question would be, is there evidence that word of mouth is working - are sales on console fairly strong this far along, or have they dropped off because it's not new?

@Ross

Went into Tescos and Asda here in the UK and they didnt have any on display at all.

I will endeavour to have a look in more stores over the weekend (Game) etc where I live.

Apologies for being a little late!

I went into 3 dedicated gaming shops today, Game, Grainger Games and REX (Retail exchange).

I asked each of them the following question to start things off:

"Hiya, I am looking for Don Bradman Cricket 2014, do you sell it?"

Answers:

REX - "Sorry mate, say again?".

Grainger Games - "Err, gonna have to look that one up mate."

Game - "Yeah I think so, let me look it up."

REX hasn't had it in stock but they did say they would expect the people whp have brought the game to start bringing it in fairly soon to get the best value for the game. Think ebay on the high street.

I then also asked Grainger Games and Game if they had sold many copies.

Grainger Games: A couple.

Game: Yeah a few but we have none left now but I can order it in for you.

As a side note, to buy the game on PS3 or Xbox 360 it costs ?45 in the UK. PC version costs ?35.

I do have the number for the head office of Grainger Games if needed.

the game is invisible here. i haven't seen it "on the shelf" anywhere, only on websites etc.

i don't know what the answer is, given there is obviously not a huge marketing budget.

cricket is clearly not football, but at the same time it's still a reasonably major sport in England; ok our team sucks at the moment but equally for that reason cricket has quite a profile because it's in the news... i wonder if a targeted UK FB advert along the lines of "try and see if you can do any better" or something like that... maybe send complimentary games to some of the players see if generates any tweets?

or get a few honeys in DBC t-shirts selling the game outside the tests!

it's clear the retail strategy in the UK was never right, and sadly i don't think the recent changes have made much of a difference.

maybe send complimentary games to some of the players see if generates any tweets?

Give a free weekend on steam for UK alone and see how it goes, lots of games are doing that now.

Once you get the game installed on their system and a taste for 2-4 days , i think its more than half the job done.

Give a free weekend on steam for UK alone and see how it goes, lots of games are doing that now.

Once you get the game installed on their system and a taste for 2-4 days , i think its more than half the job done.

That would be an INCREDIBLY smart thing to do in my opinion. :thumbs

Agreed, presumably it costs a fair bit to put on a free weekend though? You are getting store front page visibility for a few days.

I'm sure it would get people hooked though, and with the game only being a 2GB download most people will have plenty of time to try it even on slowish connections.

Agreed, presumably it costs a fair bit to put on a free weekend though? You are getting store front page visibility for a few days.

I'm not sure TBH. I *think* you can change the price to whatever you want, but then Steam will decide how much visibility it gets (depending on what else is on offer/how much they like you/how much you pay etc).

Users who are viewing this thread