Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Don't buy from Gameseek. I ordered last Thursday, and it still hasn't arrived. Apparently was despatched on Friday, but I've never had anything take a week to arrive Royal Mail. They might be the cheapest, but trust me, don't order from them, go ShopTo or Game.

Hi Ross,

Just wondering if you know how long the steelbacks will take to get here? I sent u a pm and emailed you my receipt the first day you posted it and still not received one.

Thanks

Hi Ross,

Just wondering if you know how long the steelbacks will take to get here? I sent u a pm and emailed you my receipt the first day you posted it and still not received one.

Thanks

I'll check out what's happening.

Anyone else who didn't get a Steelbook after I pm'd that they would please let me know - this is the last call!

(If you don't have a prior PM from me please don't ask for one.)

Hi everyone,

I am desperately trying to find a copy of this in Bristol (I see some of you are from around this area). I've tried all the GAME stores and a few independents. Does anyone know anywhere that stocks it?

I'm trying to get it for a fellow cricket fan's birthday (which is today!).

Thanks

Alex

Alex, you're unlikely to find this at any retail outlet. Distribution through retail stores didn't really work in the UK for some reason. You might try CEX in case they have any second hand.

I'm hoping that the PC DVD release isn't going to hit the same retail problems that the console version had in the UK.

Hi everyone,

I am desperately trying to find a copy of this in Bristol (I see some of you are from around this area). I've tried all the GAME stores and a few independents. Does anyone know anywhere that stocks it?

I'm trying to get it for a fellow cricket fan's birthday (which is today!).

Thanks

Alex

Order the game online and your friend should have it in a day.

You might try CEX in case they have any second hand.

... but do remember that Big Ant see not *penny one* from that and that every time you trade in (or buy a traded-in game) a games developer somewhere is weeping a tear.

Chief, I agree and I don't buy used games. However, given the supply challenges in the UK, this is pretty much the only option for someone looking to pick up a copy without the time for ordering online.

In the end I got it from Amazon, signed up for Amazon prime trial ... Got it next day : ) great service, was able to track it right to my door !

This was after being messed about by GameSeek who were showing the game as being in stock , took money but game never got despatched after 4 days , so I cancelled my order.

I'm sure I saw BigAnt post that the digital download versions for PS3 and XBox 360 will be up on the 6th June.

I have no problem with second hand games. It is like any other second hand item.

It is already out there and it does not matter how many times it changes hands, it is still the same one that the manufacturers were paid for, in full, at point of sale.

At the end of the day, without preowned games there'd be no stores to buy games from. Preowned games are what keep businesses going really

At the end of the day, without preowned games there'd be no stores to buy games from. Preowned games are what keep businesses going really

Agreed. All businesses that sell games.

Sadly it kills those who make them.

Still, that will probably work out fine. Right? :)

Aye it may hurt developers, yet a preowned cycle should hopefully come after the majority of new game sales. I've never bought a cricket game used and never intend to due to wanting it day 1. Most AAA games are the ones which gain a lot of pre-owned sales i'd imagine.

Used games on the high street is a relatively new deal.

They have made themselves dependant on its revenue, so when everything is digital what will they do? Digital trade ins?

You can't trade in Windows or Office, games would be a lot better if they also couldn't be traded.

That said, our games are amongst the least traded, we have found in Australia that niche sports titles that have support tend to be kept.

Users who are viewing this thread