Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Very true! None of my friends even heard of it till i told them about it.. Same at the game store near me they know me as the guy who bugged the hell out out of them with asking about this game leading upto launch.. haha! I will always be known for that game now! It's a shame such a great cricket game is so unknown in the UK. You trade in your's??? WHATTTTTTTT :eek:

Only traded in due to getting the pc version :)

Seems like very few were sold in. I suspect that the plan was to establish the brand and quality with this version and ramp up with the next. If a new one hits next summer to coincide with whatever tournament will be going on, there will be much less risk in going bigger on promotion and numbers.

Hopefully they can pick up a bigger publisher and really get a stronger push. It's a shame: the game is really, really good.

You mean this one?

Well in my store I work (game) we had a grand total of 1 copy on ps3, 1 copy on xbox and now we have 1 preowned copy (the preowned copy is mine which incidentally was the 1 copy we had on xbox but I traded in for PC)

If I'm being honest no one really knows of the game. Had a very few ppl ask about any cricket games I tell them about this masterpiece and they have never heard of it lol

It's back in the charts at 21 from what I've been told. Apparently it's in supermarkets and the like?

Having a small presence in the UK was never intentional from my side of things - won't happen ever again if I can help it that's for sure.

There are lots of reasons for it though, poor distribution and the name Bradman not resonating with the retail buyers did not help for sure.

It's back in the charts at 21 from what I've been told. Apparently it's in supermarkets and the like?

Having a small presence in the UK was never intentional from my side of things - won't happen ever again if I can help it that's for sure.

There are lots of reasons for it though, poor distribution and the name Bradman not resonating with the retail buyers did not help for sure.

The retail charts don't come through till Monday - will let you know. You'd be doing well to get it in the Supermarkets. These days they seem to be taking big quantities of 5 or 6 games at a time rather than stock any sort of variety. Fine if you want FIFA or Call of Duty: anything else... not so much.

I can have a look for you today and see if the game is on display anywhere, I will come back to you.

I can have a look for you today and see if the game is on display anywhere, I will come back to you.

Went into Tescos and Asda here in the UK and they didnt have any on display at all.

I will endeavour to have a look in more stores over the weekend (Game) etc where I live.

I'm not sure Geoffrey Boycott cricket would do any better. ;)

Maybe you should make a boring unimaginative game and call it Alistair Cook International Cricket Captain ;)

i myself have only just found out about this game in the uk.
this is really a hidden gem not only the best cricket game ever the best sports game ever.
maybe should have called it Ricky Ponting cricket or something more current.
maybe a 10 second ad on the england vs india series would help.

It would cost way too much to do something like that.

Waaaaay too much. You can't just buy a 10 second spot: minimum during those sort of ad breaks would be 20-30secs, and then it would be part of a bulk buy rather than a one-off.

You're talking hundreds of pounds PER showing just to air it, tens of thousands minimum, and then you have to make it too.

A typical budget for even a modest TV campaign in the UK alone is hundreds of thousands of pounds - You'd have to sell hundreds of thousands of copies to justify that spend.

Waaaaay too much. You can't just buy a 10 second spot: minimum during those sort of ad breaks would be 20-30secs, and then it would be part of a bulk buy rather than a one-off.

You're talking hundreds of pounds PER showing just to air it, tens of thousands minimum, and then you have to make it too.

A typical budget for even a modest TV campaign in the UK alone is hundreds of thousands of pounds - You'd have to sell hundreds of thousands of copies to justify that spend.

so how come Homer Simpson managed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
so how come Homer Simpson managed it?

Not to give myself away as the Simpsons tragic that I am, but a pretty important plot point is that the advert only airs in the middle of the night when no-one except "Alcoholics, Imsomniacs and ne'er-do-wells" are watching...

Users who are viewing this thread