C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

I am facing problems in running Ashes Cricket 09, When I click on the exe file it says " Ashes Cricket 09 has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience" Then there are only two options there, Send error Report, and Dont send, Tell me guyz what to do, I am a very fine player of Online ashes and I need help

Thanks

Is there a way to officially get a no-CD crack for this game? I am willing to provide the proof of purchase if needed. I just cannot trust myself with this DVD for too long. Afraid I'll lose it with my track record.

^ Pretty hard to believe but anyway. Purchasing the game again digitally is your only way to get it 'officially' without the use of a CD.

Is there any way to change the difficulty level WITHIN a match? For example, I'd like it to be on Normal when I bat, but when I bowl I want it to be on Hard.

Is there any way to change the difficulty level WITHIN a match? For example, I'd like it to be on Normal when I bat, but when I bowl I want it to be on Hard.

I dont believe that is possible Captain, although do you know about the Howsdat! prgram? That kind of helps......:)

Oh thanks, I'll look it up and see what it can do.

It reduces confidence and stamina at any given moment for both bowlers and batters thus making it possible to make it more difficult for yourself. You can also adjust the balls' age so as to produce reverse swing conditions earlier than the mandatory 35 overs. It is the downloads forum and pretty brilliant I have to say!

Online; Is it so wrong to move the pitching point at the last moment?

Bowlers mostly use it to me and so I have learned to do it. It is another skill and not too dissimilar to real bowling where you leave it to the last minute and see the batsman's position before you aim your pitch.

I don't want to be considered a cheat or anything.

Online; Is it so wrong to move the pitching point at the last moment?

Bowlers mostly use it to me and so I have learned to do it. It is another skill and not too dissimilar to real bowling where you leave it to the last minute and see the batsman's position before you aim your pitch.

I don't want to be considered a cheat or anything.

It is basically the only real weapon bowlers have in my opinion otherwise good playeers just hammer you excessively; plus the fact I am pretty cr#p at the game anyway!!:D

I have learnt how to do it as well. People wont consider you a cheat if you move the cursor. If you start waving it about like an overexcited nun on cocaine you'll be in trouble though!!!!:)

i just wanted to ask a few questions about ashes cricket and cricket games in general.

First of all are there any cricket games out now worth buying i do have ashes cricket 2009 but unplayable on my 360, but thinking of buying it on pc for the beta patches is it worth it??

And where is the next cricket game coming from exactly i have no idea personally??

PS3; I swear I played online against an England squad with Michael Vaugn in it.
How do you select a squad to play on-line?
For example, for ODI I want to dump Bopara and also have 5 seem bowlers.

Can it be done?

Also I can't read my stats in the online tab. How can U get my stats so I can read them?

Last edited:
i would really appreciate some of questions answered above please???

The only one I will recommend is Cricket 07 from EA. Once it is patched it is very playable and has the depth that is utterly lacking in Ashes 09.

dutchad added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

PS3; I swear I played online against an England squad with Michael Vaugn in it.
How do you select a squad to play on-line?
For example, for ODI I want to dump Bopara and also have 5 seem bowlers.

Can it be done?

Also I can't read my stats in the online tab. How can U get my stats so I can read them?

In the game lobby after you have selected a team you can select from a certain amount of players by pressing "X". I dont think anyone has succeeded in editing the online squads as they are fixed for everyone online. Your stats should come up when you press "X" in the stats lobby: but it is a time since I was online with this game so I am not quite sure on that one.

Michael Vaughn is part of the England squad, you can select him just as you can select Harmison or Luke Wright etc

Users who are viewing this thread