C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

This is just down to the fact you're playing on a monitor rather than a TV.

This game is primarily developed for the consoles and so is tailored towards being played on a Television set. The standard screen ratio for a Widescreen TV is 16:9. (A standard TV is 4:3 ratio).

The standard ratio for a widescreen monitor however is 16:10 - that means that the screen of widescreen TV is slightly wider and not quite as tall as a Monitor screen of the same size (i.e. 22 inches).

Basically, even on the PC and regardless of what resolution you set (as long as it's a widescreen one), the game still works in 16:9 ratio.

Most of us here are men, and men don't read manuals! We know better!
I LMAO at that comment. :rtfl:rtfl Actually after reading that comment, I realized that till date I have read none of the manuals.

remove the black bars on the screen

How to remove those black bars on the screen of ashes 09.the black bars on top and the bottom are taking up much space n is not lookin nice 2.so if anyone knows how to remove the black bars plzz post.asap

hi,

wat is the total file size of sahes cricket 09 as i am nt sure .

mine is about 2gb.......
or is it more....
coz i gt problem playing the game thanks....

Hi first post here i've just bought ashes 09 for my pc and installed it but when i try launching the game nothing happens it just stays on my desktop but the mouse icon disappears and i have to ctrl alt del to end task to get it back i'm assuming it is a graphics issue, speccs are athalon dual core, 2 gig ram nvidia 8800, xp processor and thoughts would be greatly appreciated because i can't wait to flog englund 5 zip:D

Unlike console versions the pc version pitch looks low res (On max settings) when unzoomed during bowling etc. And when zoomed it has high detail. I managed to fix that issue in mine now it looks exactly as sharp, crisp and detailed as console versions even when unzoomed like bowling. Since I use Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512mb, I went to Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D Settings> Program Settings> Add> Cricket2009.exe and set ONLY Anistropic Filtering to 16x (manually). Pressed Apply. And Done. ATI users do the same but in your Catalyst Control Center. Hope this helped whoever had low res pitch during play on max settings.

how to play sweep shot

hi everyone, i have ashes09 in PC FORMAT, JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE SWEEP SHOT IN THIS GAME AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY NEW SHOTS BY USING KEY COMBINATION APART FROM THE GIVEN SHOTS IN THE MENU....

PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS

Users who are viewing this thread