C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

Catching color band

Hi All, I use PS3 and i am having difficulty in figuring out the orange and the green. I am color blind, could not make out the differences between orange and green, thought it will be helpful if we can change the green to blue and thus making life easier for me.

I saw the other thread, but could not see a resolution in there, and the thread was closed, hence i opened up a new thread.

hey i cant see the crowd ne body help plz................:help

You are probably playing a night game!:)

On a more serious note, you have to adjust your graphic settings to at least medium to see them. Not that it's worth staying up for mind you.

Hey guys. I've sorted out my frame rate problem.

All I did was remove some of my processes from task manager so now my game runs much faster on highest settings.
One of the processes was going at 50 so I removed and voila, the game runs smoothly. But loading times are a bit slow for me. Gameplay nonetheless runs great.

If anyone needs help with this, let me know on this thread.

Cheers :laugh

I love the game, but why did they make one day and 20/20 games only in quarter finals. Why not entire series !!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Even I have same queries. Why not one day international match or 20 Overs match start up with league match? Why there is too less option to play? One can ignore that no domestic (county) team is included. But whatever they had included, please give us the full tournament.

Hello all new here, would be really grateful for some help/advice.

I've spotted similar posts to this but can't find one right now to add to so apologies for starting a new thread. Basically I can't seem to join online games, I can create them and people can join no probs. Thats not a major problem in itself as I can get some action but 2 of my pals have this game and we're all having the same problem so we can't actually play each other as none of us can join games only those we've created. I've looked on here and emailed codemasters who recommend putting my ps3 into DMZ. I've found the instruction really tricky to follow (I'm not the worlds most technical person) and also lots of the menus I'm told to expect to see aren't there (could that be because the ps3 has had several updates and menu names change etc?.

Regardless of that I feel that having to follow something so complicated is terrible, I thought only pc gamers had these sorts of issues? Every other ps3 game I have works fine.

So basically are there any quick ways around this? Are there specific ports I can just open? Are codemasters likely to fix this for us via some sort of patch? I'm told you shouldn't have to put your ps3 into DMZ and should only be a very last resort. Bottom line this is ruining what is therwise a really decent game, I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem if 2 of my mates have exactly the same issue.

Yours frustratedly, Skyblue

Sweet satire is a clever thing to be involved with. But try and make it a little bit harder to detect in future lol. Check out the real skyblue posts on codemasters forums as they are quite a bit funnier. It isn't difficult to be funnier that this writer I would suggest. Come on own up who are you?

press right control to switch between cutters or swing... while bowling choose the arrow keys to decide the movement of the ball.

is it just me or can you only play a test series with England and Aus. I am unable to play a series with any other teams. This is a bit ridiculous lol

is it just me or can you only play a test series with England and Aus. I am unable to play a series with any other teams. This is a bit ridiculous lol

Just go test match, series and then change the teams by cycling left and right.

Could someone tell me which are the bigger grounds on AC09. I know Harare is the smallest and it feels like Headingly is quite big, but does anyone actually know which is the biggest?

Is the Front foot / Back foot hook really a glitch?

Or is it down to poor shot selection / timing? Whenever it happens to me, I am trying to play accross my body hitting to the leg side. I have stopped doing this unless the ball is not aimed at the stumps. now i play straight, and the glitch hasnt occurred.

The reason i say this is my friend, a keen cricketer, plays for two teams, witnessed me playing when the FF/BF glitch occured, after I explained what i wanted to do, he said it was a very poor choice of shot, and that it might not be a glitch, but a punishment!!!

any thoughts? has it glitched this way whilst you were playing straight? or is it always when flicking the ball of your legs?

It seems like a bug to me. If the ball is full and on your legs, why would you want to play a hook? Definitely something that needs sorting out in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread