Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bond breaks through as expected i have a feeling that vettori might take a few

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
iccshc-1.gif

At the start of the 9th over, Shane Bond struck again, this time getting AB De Villiers caught by Cairns for 11. Gibbs comes in at number 4. South Africa are 40/2.

De Villiers getting caught by Chris Cairns:
nzsa7.gif

De Villiers isn't looking very happy:
nzsa8.gif

kookaburra69

International Coach
Bondy gets another one!!!! good catch by cairns.
South Africa are on the back foot now.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
iccshc-1.gif

James Franklin comes into the attack and immediately strikes getting Kallis out for a duck; caught by the wicket-keeper McCullum. South Africa are in deep trouble now, 46/3 after 10 overs. Prince is now in for the Proteas.

Jacques Kallis edging to ball to the keeper:
nzsa9.gif

He walks off in frustration:
nzsa10.gif

kookaburra69

International Coach
Good wicket there for Franklin,Kallis was another key wicket to fall.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
iccshc-1.gif

Communications problems from Gibbs and Prince helped South Africa to lose yet another wicket. Prince thought that the quick run was okay and they set off. A good throw from the fielder to the keeper forced the umpire to go upstairs. After a tense wait, the third umpire decided to give Herschelle Gibbs out! A good partnership is now needed to sustain a good total. South Africa are 49/4 in the 11th over. Kemp now comes in.

Out or not out?:
nzsa11.gif

Looks like he's out:
nzsa12.gif

Note: Sorry, I misjudged the time it would take for each innings, especially posting regular updates and screenshots. I have to go now, but I'll continue the innings in a few hours and probably continue the second innings tomorrow.

EDIT: I had to play out the over before I could save. Then Bond brilliantly bowled Kemp out for a duck. South Africa are 49/5 as the keeper Boucher comes in. Sorry for no screenshots. It's turned out to be quite a realistic story :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
look how far the bail is off it wasnt close at all its just when the picture was taken

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
Smith's decision to bat first may not have been the correct one. Lets wait and see.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
iccshc-1.gif

South Africa have reached 50 runs in the 12th over. The score is 50/5.

Daniel Vettori has been brought into the attack, he is bowls Left Arm Orthodox.

iccshc-1.gif

Ashwell Prince has been amazingly stumped by wicket-keeper Brendon McCullum. Prince and Boucher looked to have quite a good partnership going of 22 in several overs, before McCullum's quick thinking off the bowling of Vettori, has put South Africa in an absolute disarray! Will they be able to come back and post a defendable total? The score is 71/6 after 14 overs. Shaun Pollock comes in at number 8, hoping to recue the innings for South Africa.

A good partnership was forming:
nzsa13.gif

Before this happened:
nzsa14.gif

Better luck next time:
nzsa15.gif

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
cmon harry potter clean up the tail

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
iccshc-1.gif

Another one goes! South Africa is having a very poor day. Boucher has been run out and the score is now 72/7. N.Boje is now at the crease.

The tail has now been revealed:
nzsa16.gif

I'm considering to stop this story because of the poor AI. It's currently 85/8 in after 18 overs and a world class team like South Africa shouldn't be as poor as this. Of course, it gets boring because it becomes predictable and the fall or wickets is easy to come by. Your thoughts?

If I do stop it. I may start a new story when ICC07 comes out, so watch this space ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread