C2k5 Player Editor

Well, i'm using the latest 2.01 version of the editor and thanks for fixing the Stats. getting reset to 0 bug.

There is however a minor bug left......in the fielding ability tab,

when i set any players's ability to say 45,30(there r the two so far i have found), then i click on save, these get redued by 1. 45 becomes 44 and 30 becomes 29.

Edit : I hate to break it to u....but i think i should.....

When i clicked on 'Save'.....for e.g.....for Sachin Tendulkar.....the 'High Score' & 'BBI' (for ODI, FC, OD) got reset to '0'.

BTW, i'm using ur latest PC roster.

Can u plz check that out.

Last edited:
tutsipoppy2 said:
Well, i'm using the latest 2.01 version of the editor and thanks for fixing the Stats. getting reset to 0 bug.

There is however a minor bug left......in the fielding ability tab,

when i set any players's ability to say 45,30(there r the two so far i have found), then i click on save, these get redued by 1. 45 becomes 44 and 30 becomes 29.

Edit : I hate to break it to u....but i think i should.....

When i clicked on 'Save'.....for e.g.....for Sachin Tendulkar.....the 'High Score' & 'BBI' (for ODI, FC, OD) got reset to '0'.

BTW, i'm using ur latest PC roster.

Can u plz check that out.

First part is due to the fact that there is scaling involved and two numbers one apart scale down to the same number. There's nothing I can do about it.

Second part I've got the error but can't fix it right now. To avoid it cycle through test/odi/fc/od before saving on the first player when you load the roster. I'll fix it in the next version.

cpt crash said:
Hi Barmyarmy.

I have posted the roster.ros file that I am having trouble with. Basically I have recreated the team that I play for in the game by adding the players names. However they dont seem to feature in the roster.ros when using the player editor.

Look for names like D. Martin, C. Carter, and R.Batty.

Thanks for your help.

Who the team replace? The ingame editor shows you as having no created players and I can't find anyone called Martin, Carter or Batty.
Are you sure you saved the roster through the my cricket option before exiting c2k5?

barmyarmy said:
Second part I've got the error but can't fix it right now. To avoid it cycle through test/odi/fc/od before saving on the first player when you load the roster. I'll fix it in the next version.

i think i understood how to *avoid* it, by the method u described.

try n fix as soon as possible....will save some time while editing.

thnx anyway.

Barmy Army,

Have found another bug. When you change a player's fielding throwing accuracy it alters there bowling accuracy to the same amount.

Wheeler16

Yup, EA's bug not mine.
Check ingame and you'll see the two are always the same. You change one, the other changes.
I can assure you it took a while to code the editor to take account of that bug!

barmyarmy said:
Yup, EA's bug not mine.
Check ingame and you'll see the two are always the same. You change one, the other changes.
I can assure you it took a while to code the editor to take account of that bug!

Not probs mate . . . pretty rubbish of them though!

any luck of the wicketkeeper thing I mentioned? when you change a player's role to wicketkeeper batsman they change to an opening bat wicketkeeper?

when I try to install .net 2.0 Framework it asks for 'microsoft windows installer 3.0', where do i get that from

What range should i set speed in the fielding tab so that i can take two runs when i hit the ball towards fine leg ?

I reduced most players speed from abt 90 to 65-70...still cant take two's !!

Hi Barmyarmy, I replaced players in the England squad with my own players but they dont show in the player editor.

They are still presnt in the game. Are there anyother rosters?

That's what makes me think that there is another roster that I am playing off.

I go into Creat Players. Then Add to Squad. I then overwrite one of the exsisiting players in the England Team.

cpt crash said:
That's what makes me think that there is another roster that I am playing off.

I go into Creat Players. Then Add to Squad. I then overwrite one of the exsisiting players in the England Team.

well yea, it happens.....somehow even if u delete the old roster file from 'my documents/......./........" folder and replace it with the new roster.

in the game it kinnda saves the old roster and continues with it even if u load the new roster file from with in the game.

the solution i have found is that, when u run the game....go to 'my cricket' and click on 'restore defualt roster'(or sumthing like this only) which is in the bottom right side of the screen, and click YES. then go to LOAD and load ur NEW roster file. and u'll be all done.

Also, do not play with the old saved match which was started when had ur OLD roster file.

Instead start a new match to see the desired results.

i hope u understood what i said.

Users who are viewing this thread