Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters
Oh I thought the Karthik batting was Dinesh.
I wanna change to Arun.

Sure, I also thought so that it was outcome of a confusion. Will note it down.

By the way this was 300th post of this story.:thumbs Am thankful to every reader out here for helping me out in keeping the writer motivated to continue. Thanks again.

Hoping to see Suren Ram perform well although i predicted karthik for highest run scorer.

haha, hopefully Suren Ram doesn't get any distractions on Day 2. ;)

Great work man, looks like a time consuming effort :thumbs
Gotta go with A Karthik for this haha

Thanks MaD, good to see you back on this thread as well. Felt so good on coming to know that we have old readers willing to contribute to this forum. Thank you very much.

Yea, I should admit that its time consuming some of which I even play with these GFX during work break time. More than photo editing part of it, the game by itself is slightly painful as IC 2010 don't have replays. :( Am just waiting for DBC to be released for me to transition from IC 2010 to DBC 2014. Hopefully, all goes well. :cheers

Additional info on IC 2010 : After reading here in IC2010 forums, I should say that AI is very challenging if we tweak the player attributes in player editor. When I was playing this test match, I felt it so realistic with AI bowling which really tests our patience level that is understandable in tests. Many edges to slipsmen as well on mistiming them. That's one of the reason fro which i really enjoyed playing the entire day's play especially Suren Ram's partnership with Karthik. 180 runs from around 400 balls faced. ;) It could have wrapped up even below 100 if I would have blindly/unrealistically gone after AI.

Anyways, back to the game - End of Day 1, TN vs UP - Can Suren Ram meet everyone's expectations? Thanks again everyone for the feedback/support. :cheers

Great update, loved it, esp. the presentation. Superb!:clap
So can we change our entry, still? Nevermind I have confidence in the young chap and hope he does not prove me wrong. Go on dude.:D

Great update, loved it, esp. the presentation. Superb!:clap
So can we change our entry, still? Nevermind I have confidence in the young chap and hope he does not prove me wrong. Go on dude.:D

Thank you. :) Yeah, you can change for this poll and it should be fine as long as it is within the deadline i.e. Before 10th wicket for TN. It really depends on the trust from you on Suren Ram! ;)

However, am planning to slightly tweak the predicta rules for upcoming polls in this story - i.e. we are allowed to make multiple guesses within timeline but you would be loosing 1/2 of your winning Vcash if the guesses from second time ends up on the winning side, i.e. anything outside the first guess within timeline would only fetch you 1/2 of its original Vcash ( only from next poll though ).

Chapter 21
TN Vs UP, Day 2 - All that I COUNT is MY Efforts!

May 22, 2009
Time - 08 : 00 AM​

After a promising fight that we(myself & Karthik ) put up to get some decent score on the board, players started packing up leaving to their rooms. They had some catching sessions which I did not participate due to the body tiredness, I just sat there resting on the sunset with light-chilled breeze. It was so relieving to feel the nice wind on my face, after all I tortured my skin under such a hot conditions since 11 AM on the ground!

'When all goes away, its time for Suren to PLAY!'

3rx8.jpg

... Yes, I even felt like spending time on pitch till MORNING ...

With people leaving one by one, I just had a walking session going all around the ground. By the time I enjoyed my little walk, our boys have left the ground. Stadium was empty except for few little boys who were working there, & my coach seemed to have some official discussion seated in a round table manner on the stadium seats.

I managed to get hold of one of the ground boys, & requested them to throw few deliveries at me as I felt like having a practice session at sunset. I just asked the boy to throw the ball at his full pace thinking of someone who he is angry with! :p Yeah, he even attempted to break my face once that I just laughed after managing to escape from that. I did not want to play aggressive shots, but just was defending them one by one with complete satisfaction of still holding the bat on my hands.

My Coach was very much surprised in seeing me as the only guy to have the nets session when everyone has left already. He had a little smile which I noticed for sure, but when I had my glance at him, he immediately turned other way as if he had not noticed me at all. :rolleyes

I just packed up my things as it started to be on darker side and I became hungry too. :D I took my kit & walked back home with very tired face. My family heard everything from me and they encouraged me by saying, 'Never give up on whatsoever the situation is, continuous determination is what will take a person to reach his target. Good Luck, & Take Rest!'

I had a light dinner and went back to my bedroom starting to browse my facebook! 'A very tiring and mixed day! All is good' is what I posted on my feed and went back to sleep. Eyes got auto closed due to my tiredness, however was glad that I kept 2 alarms already in place. :D

Some Early Morning Road-Side Cricket Practice before my GAME!?! :eek:

2qza.jpg

Am I crazy? Geeezzz what is happening to me?

In middle of a sound sleep, I received continuous calls even before my alarm. It was from my neighbor friends who used to play road side cricket with me. Since they were in thought process that I didn't get selected to play for team XI, they were wanting me to play with them in the morning. Since my sleep got disturbed so early in the morning, I decided not to sleep again and to play some street cricket with my friends for some time.

It was so refreshing of mind seriously to play tennis ball cricket early in the morning with chill breeze. I enjoyed and kept playing games after games that it was close to 7:30 AM in morning. I decided to play my last game there as I wanted to be on stadium by 8:30 without fail.

It was my last street match, where I got loose and had a strong hit on the legside. It went directly to one of the windows on second floor and ... BOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Window glasses BROKE! :eek::noway Everyone started yelling at us, and house members were so mad that they were refusing to let me go from that scene. I got so tensed and started sweating as I needed to pack my things up for the state match. Neighbors were not ready to leave me until they have a cops/police report with wanting us to ensure that they won't play again on streets.

WHAT IS HAPPENING??? I JUST DON'T GET IT! CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE A STATE MATCH IN FEW MINUTES AND IS ALREADY CLOSE TO 9! - I just yelled at my neighbors, but all they said is, 'We don't care about your match, we are bothered about our EXPENSIVE GLASSES'.

My coach kept calling me and I explained him the situation. He got so furious that, he hanged up on me saying that I would be retried hurt and fired from next game if I am not going to make it up on TIME. Damn, I just got stuck up and time ticked to 9:30 AM when cops came to the scene. With explaining everyone with so much panic & sweat, they let me go at 10 AM. By the time I reached the stadium at 10:20 AM, things have got too far! :mad :noway :(

TN WAS ALREADY BOWLING, as they have made a declaration! My coach asked me to leave the place and asked me to never show up my face again in cricket! I felt like I WAS HAMMERED BY 200 LBs HAMMER on my head! :noway

"Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg", came the sound and Voila! Surrounding atmosphere suddenly seemed home and time being at 6 AM! :rolleyes :eek: Looked around here & there, it took me a while to realize that ALL SCENES OF STREET CRICKET WERE JUST MY DREAMS! :D My heartbeats were very high to wake up with such a panicking dream, & I had to drink water in gulps to calm myself and to make me to believe that they were only my dreams.

After getting up with such a panic, I just went out to jog around in streets for refreshing myself and packed up my kits to get ready for my departure from home to the stadium!

What a big relief that, they were just the dreams and not any reality! Well, Suren Ram is still in the battle to prove himself to his coach!

Can Suren Ram do it for his local Fans? Stay Tuned!

olv7.jpg

@ My dear Readers, Stay alert while reading this story line. Am sure, lot of twists to come in the tale! Thanks for supporting this till now, expecting the same going forward. :p

TN : 241/6( 1st Innnings, 90 Overs )
Suren Ram : 44*(207 balls)
S Kumar : 0*(5 balls)

Arun Karthik : 128(249)
M Vijay : 27(56)

More than trust on Suren Ram, its more of trust on you.
Save every over, and if you lose wicket, load it again. Repeat the sequence as long as you don't go beyond Kartik's score.:spy

Haha, attempt to get Suren Ram involved in match fixing stuffs :D kidding! :spy lets see, am playing the match currently.

----------

Loved the update, anrdoid cricket game apps put to good use.;)
KIU. Doing great job, dude.:thumbs

Thank you :) I miss my desktop where I am having ckt2002 and ckt2004 that I was using for nets! I can't get them in PS3. :(

Forgot to mention one more thing regarding the convention I am going to use for the title, am going to append the title with :

• v_mm/dd (month/date ) - to indicate the last updated date.

For instance, currently have put 10/11 meaning that my update was done on October 11. Not of any big deal, but just would be reference for the readers to be aware of the recent updates considering that there are only limited number of stories at this moment here. Thanks.

Great to see you back! Have always loved your updates, your presentation is fantastic. :thumbs

Great to see you back! Have always loved your updates, your presentation is fantastic. :thumbs

Thanks Yudi, it is excellent to see you back as well reading here. :)

A short review please about what has happened till now

Dont you have a GF in this story :P

Great update bro.

Thanks Arun. :)

A short review please about what has happened till now

Dont you have a GF in this story :P

Haha, no GF at this point but probably sooner. May be if Suren Ram gets onto a high visible platform( well, if it happens! Who knows, he might struggle all over :D ). :spy

Are you referring to the short review of Suren Ram's career on this story( till date ) like a summary or just the review of Day2 update? :p

Well, Just finished my gameplay - I should say that, I have never enjoyed a test match before jumping with frustrations/excitements in EA series. IC2010 is recommended to play in PS3 with tweaks in attributes of players(which is bit time consuming to edit manually), and it is definitely rewarding with feeling of playing every ball( atleast in test match series ). Hopefully, DBC14 also gives the same feel.

Stay Tuned for further updates. :D

----------

Starting to twist things around

Yea twist is something which is fortunately happening in game & I just slightly tweak with storyline to it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread