Call of Duty: Black Ops

Nah you just say you don't like it or it's too hard/easy and they'll swap it gladly, also it's 14 days for a pre-owned game

Surely that doesn't apply to PC games as well? GAME don't accept them back at all - HMV are usually more flexible as long as you return it in time.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

It's not supposed to be much about the campaign, FPS's are more for the multiplayer so i'm never worried about the Campaign.
I will be getting it early next year, unless it's crap, since MW2 has gotten me hooked for ages

That wasn't the case with the first two Call of Duty games - they're still the best of the franchise. Now, it's all online this, online that. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's so unrealistic! Hardly any tactics and nonsense like jumping around like you're Mario and don't get me started on 'quickscoping'. Remember the film 'Saving Private Ryan'? The (crack) sniper in that one said a short prayer before every kill, as he was steadying his breath. :sarcasm

As well as that, it gets too samey. Same gameplay, same maps - boooring. Give me a well scripted campaign any time.

What are you guys on. The last two campaigns have been brilliant. As for team tactics - get some mates on the PS3, XBOX, get a cheap bluetooth headset and your away.

Yeah, but far too short.

Last edited:
Generally you're not allowed to return PC games because of how easy it is to crack them nowadays :/

Yeah EB policy for every game, no joke
Up to you on what you look for in a game, I look for online so it's all good :)

Well, it's coming out soon. Will be getting the game at Xmas time. Cannot wait!

I've preordered it :D

I'm away on Tuesday though, get back at like 9pm. And then my computer won't be ready until Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning anyway. And I'll have to reinstall Windows and everything. But Black Ops will be one of the first things I do :D

Yeah I preordered mine on Saturday too, but bloody exams mean I can't play it till next Tuesday... That isn't very long though.

That wasn't the case with the first two Call of Duty games - they're still the best of the franchise. Now, it's all online this, online that. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's so unrealistic! Hardly any tactics and nonsense like jumping around like you're Mario and don't get me started on 'quickscoping'. Remember the film 'Saving Private Ryan'? The (crack) sniper in that one said a short prayer before every kill, as he was steadying his breath. :sarcasm

MW and MW2 have awesome campaigns in my opinion. And they made quickscoping impossible in Black Ops :

YouTube - Black Ops Sniper AFTER PATCH!

Also there's a lot of strategy involved in CoD online, you just don't see it or use it in regular online play for fun. Go to gamebattles ladder for MW2 and tell them there is no strategy in CoD..though I admit jumping/dropshots is stupid as hell but in every game if you want to play competitively, you find and employ cheap tactics as part of your gameplay if you want to win, or hope the devs patch it.

Last edited:
Is there any way I can connect online without one of those router thingies. I have an Xbox from like 2005 (I believe it's the Core version) and have barely played it cuz I don't have Live.

I did get an HDD so...

I haven't got my copy yet :( Came home yesterday, kinda looking forward to playing it today but it hasn't arrived yet. Should hopefully be here tomorrow.

Anyway, my computer isn't ready yet so I can't play it even if I did have it.

PLayed a bit at a friends, its definitely better than MW2. Graphics are excellent ,especially the smoke effects.

PLayed a bit at a friends, its definitely better than MW2. Graphics are excellent ,especially the smoke effects.

It's definitely not realistic, but until Killzone 3 there really isn't any other choice for an FPS. It's atleast worth it for the split screen.

The wager matches look awesome.

look like Pc Version is Broken as Hell.Every time I Visit black Ops Steam what i See is complain :lol .i am Still Not sure about getting this game.
$60 will be a Waste if they Dont patch it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread