Captains

Vaughan_Fan said:
Has to be Vaughan. I know im pretty biased towards him, but the way he has turned things around for England is incredible. He rallies his troops together really well by backing all his players and encouraging them 100%, something that the likes of Nasser Hussain never did. Stephen Fleming isn't far behind either, and has been the best captain over previous years, but my vote is for Vaughan currently.

Agree 100%, Michael Vaughan is the best captain around, far better than Ponting.

I wouldn't of even though of Vaughan last year but he has been a great captain recently.

Ponting is having his problems at the moment as is Ganguly

Inzamam is a good captain hard to say hes the best though

Fleming, well he has been a fantastic captain for a long time now.

The rest do their jobs pretty well.

irottev said:
hahaha nice joke.....I hope your joking.

Semi Joking.
Poor bloke has a thankless job at the moment captaining that shower.
I will give him the sympathy vote.

i don't know how you can say ponting is not a very good captain and makes bad decisions. He had one average series(the ashes obviously), and he wasnt that bad. Michael Vaughan wasnt a great captain last year. He was ok but wasn't great. Over the last couple of years I would say Ponting or Fleming, definately not Vaughan.

JamesyJames3 said:
And Ponting?! he makes awful decisions!!
Boy do you have that wrong...He made some unusual decisions
against the World XI and reduced their batting freedom big time,
the 3rd One Day game showed that, AUS won by 156 runs!,
the 2nd showed that, AUS won by 55 runs,
the 1st game showed that, AUS won by 93 runs.

Goes to show that one bad series in his entire captaincy in
the Ashes doen't mean your not the best...
How many Ashes series has Vaughan won = 1,
well that's how many Ponting has lost.

Vaughan the best...what a joke! :D

Last edited:
Andrew G said:
Boy do you have that wrong...He made some unusual decisions
against the World XI and reduced their batting freedom big time,
the 3rd One Day game showed that, AUS won by 156 runs!,
the 2nd showed that, AUS won by 55 runs,
the 1st game showed that, AUS won by 93 runs.

Goes to show that one bad series in his entire captaincy in
the Ashes doen't mean your not the best...
How many Ashes series has Vaughan won = 1,
well that's how many Ponting has lost.

Vaughan the best...what a joke! :D

well let me say this.Australia is a team,a team that has been put together over a long period of time.the World XI ARE A GROUP OF PLAYERS...great players,but they are not a team.the world XI was made up in a period of a few weeks.i dont know how you Aussies kan go on bout how good Ponting and his side are after"beating the world XI".Let me remind you who lost to Bangladesh...lets see...Ponting and his greats Aussie side.lets see how the Aussies fare against an world XI side that has Sachin in it and has been prepared over atleast a year.The world XI will beat the living crap out of Ponting..guided by any one-Pollock,Smith,Vaughan,Fleming,Lara,Ganguly,Inzi,Basher.ANYONE...

Users who are viewing this thread