Captains

mate, we thrashed the world we are undoublty the best ODI side in the world, were ranked first and beat them, it doesnt matter that they are just a group of people and not a well bound team, with the stars they had 293, 255, 329 or whatever the scores were arent hard to get stop making excuses,

The boys are back in town

Pak_cricketer said:
Right Now it has to be Inzamam His Record this season was amazing he averaged 64 in odi's!! and 91 in Test matchs!

BUDY I WANA GO WITH U INZI

its not an excuse.you try playin the world XI at full strength when they are a real side.im not sayin that Australia isn't the best side in the world,because they are(but not 4 that much longer)im sayin it would be a better challenge.

Mack said:
well let me say this.Australia is a team,a team that has been put together over a long period of time.the World XI ARE A GROUP OF PLAYERS...great players,but they are not a team.the world XI was made up in a period of a few weeks.i dont know how you Aussies kan go on bout how good Ponting and his side are after"beating the world XI".Let me remind you who lost to Bangladesh...lets see...Ponting and his greats Aussie side.lets see how the Aussies fare against an world XI side that has Sachin in it and has been prepared over atleast a year.The world XI will beat the living crap out of Ponting..guided by any one-Pollock,Smith,Vaughan,Fleming,Lara,Ganguly,Inzi,Basher.ANYONE...
We can still go on about how our team has sat at the top of the ODI table for an eternity and won the past two World Cups.

I still don't see why they have to play together for a year to be able to bowl line and length and select intelligent shots. Even whining about poor Freddy and how tired he is after The Ashes. I'm sure Lee is entitled to his share of aches after The Ashes, but he still held his end up.

we'll see....................................................................

we'll see BOET.....we'll see.............

Ponting is the best when he captains his own way aka WC 2003. If he starts captaining like Waugh use to then he will be crap. Waugh is a planner, Ponting is a Punter.

aussie1st said:
Ponting is the best when he captains his own way aka WC 2003. If he starts captaining like Waugh use to then he will be crap. Waugh is a planner, Ponting is a Punter.

ponting is only good cuz he has the world best cricketers under him. He doesn't do anything, his players just make him look good. :noway

Cricketman93 said:
ponting is only good cuz he has the world best cricketers under him. He doesn't do anything, his players just make him look good. :noway

He can only captain what is given to him.
He has produced a captain's knock against the English. Without him the English would have won the Ashes by the 4th test.

Ponting is no where near Stephen Waugh. He cowardly reintroduced the nightwatchman. Plus some of his decisions are bizare. Bowling first right after Mcgrath got injured in the ashes. Declaring only when he was 491 ahead in the perth test.

Inzamam-UL-Haq the best ... he is a match winner for Pakistan for so long time now ....

Users who are viewing this thread