Caribbean T20

Sorry kinda off topic,

Is this the same Twenty20 tournament that was once the Stanford Twenty20?

Its not the same tournament. In the Stanford 20/20 there were more teams. You didnt have teams like Leeward Islands and Windward Islands. Those teams were separated into the islands that make up the Leewards and Windward's. Teams like Anitgua, Martinique, Dominica, Grenada etc. In the Stanford 20/20 there were 20 teams.

fat ass Tamar Lambert bowling him self over Russell. I missed the start of Canada inning and I didn't see Russell bowl.

Canada is not going to perform at this level (or any competitive level) unless they find some decent bowlers, notably seamers.

Right now they have a bunch of washed up expats and awful young spinners. A really shame, considered how much more developed they are than the USA as a cricket nation. Need to really develop the u19 guys in Canada, they did not even qualify for last u19 WC, we did :p

Yea I was actually expecting a bit better from them but if they cant even compete against individual Caribbean teams then I dont see much hope for Canadian cricket.

Ireland struggled against Jamaica when they were in the Caribbean but not this much. Since I started following cricket Canada has gone down more then it went up. There hasn't been one guy on their team that you can say this guy is the future of Canadian cricket.

Participating in the Windies domestics is a great start, hopefully they continue to do so, it will only improve their cricket and give players in Canada more incentive to take cricket seriously.

BTW USA has 3 natural born American players now at the U19 level and we have a crap load at the U15 level. :)

I think they were invited to play in last years 4 day tournament but for some reason they didn't participate or last years one day tournament cant remember which one.
Thats also the problem with Canada, there arent any players that were Canadian born ( or there is one but his parents are Pakistani i think) and the game just isn't being developed.
But like you said participating in the West Indies domestic cricket is a good thing for Canada. Maybe the WICB could even invite the US in the future.

I see, Kieron Pollard stole the game from the Leeward Islands, T&T look really strong and the only team i see beating them is Jamaica.

Why does Caribbean cricket fail? Because hacks like Simmons and Perkins get in ahead of a potential future star like Darren Bravo. Simmons who is known to have discipline issue and doesn't care much for practice gets in after not having done anything of note for about a year. Get Darren Bravo in, fearsome tweak Darren Ganga.

Another close win for Guyana. Jonathan Foo is quickly becoming a star in the Caribbean.

Would be shocked if Trinidad dont win this competition.

War added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Why does Caribbean cricket fail? Because hacks like Simmons and Perkins get in ahead of a potential future star like Darren Bravo. Simmons who is known to have discipline issue and doesn't care much for practice gets in after not having done anything of note for about a year. Get Darren Bravo in, fling Darren Ganga.

Hmm you sure thats the case with Simmons?.

Even so i wouldn't call him a hack, he is definately one of the best young batsmen in the caribbean from what i've seen of him.

Perkins also i think could be considered as a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs & T20s given Ramdins struggles & Fletchers continous brainless batting @ international level.

Users who are viewing this thread