Caribbean T20

With their top order its possible. Team selection is done on favorite players not best players.

Dare added 10 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Hmm you sure thats the case with Simmons?.

Even so i wouldn't call him a hack, he is definately one of the best young batsmen in the caribbean from what i've seen of him.

Yea there was a report somewhere that Simmons doesn't care much for practice and isn't all that serious.
At 25 he is already behind Darren Bravo, Barath, Kirk Edwards and even Brathwaite in the pecking order. He wasn't even invited to the "A" team that toured Bangladesh and England. In no international match did he show anything of note to me.

Perkins also i think could be considered as a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs & T20s given Ramdins struggles & Fletchers continous brainless batting @ international level.

He could be considered for that spot but there are a few other wicketkeepers that are doing better then him so far in this tournament. Fletcher actually had a good tour of England.

Dare added 17 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

And Perkins barely plays as a wicketkeeper. When Ramdin is playing for T&T then Perkins plays as a opener or middle order batsman in one dayers but when Ramdin is away with the West Indies then its Gibran Mohammed.

T&T to win this for sure

After two matches in each group the semi-finalists are already decided: Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados and Guyana.

Gayle didn't play in the match against Canada. I don't know why.

Upcoming match will be a great match: Jamaica vs Trinidad & Tobago.

If that's the problem he shouldn't play in the final group match either.

So far, based on results, Jamaica looks the best team. They easily beat the two teams they faced. Trinidad & Tobago just made it in previous, because of Pollard's hitting. Guyana had two last over wins and Barbados had to win in an one-over eliminator to win a match.

If the teams' forms continue like this the final should be Jamaica vs Trinidad & Tobago.

These next match ups will test each team and let us know where they stand against each other. Two top teams from each group are facing each other which will hopefully give us some exciting matches and good performances.

If that's the problem he shouldn't play in the final group match either.

So far, based on results, Jamaica looks the best team. They easily beat the two teams they faced. Trinidad & Tobago just made it in previous, because of Pollard's hitting. Guyana had two last over wins and Barbados had to win in an one-over eliminator to win a match.

If the teams' forms continue like this the final should be Jamaica vs Trinidad & Tobago.

not really Windward has a good team, While CCC is actually a Barbados team, they know Barbados very well.

but agree with u Jamaica looks like the best team to win the cup

Last edited:
As I said before Perkins and Simmons are hacks. At least Darren Bravo can hit a ball for a single.

As I said before Perkins and Simmons are hacks. At least Darren Bravo can hit a ball for a single.

I agree with you on Simmons, but haven't seen any of Perkins to judge. When Simmons has played for the Windies he's just looked useless imo, where as Darren Bravo has showed some potential.

I'm backing T&T to defend this total.

What a Game by T & T and Guyana.
Great, Lol Ramdin will always be the same, this prove how bad he is.
T & T lose because of the silly batting of Ramdin. if not i think they would of won

This is a huge surprise. Trinidad & Tobago losing to Guyana. Dwayne Bravo brought backed Trinidad & Tobago from a beaten position. In the last 5 overs they needed 67 runs, but in that period they lost 5 wickets. To make it worse: there were 7 balls left after Trinidad & Tobago got out and only 4 runs needed.

The best thing is that Sarwan wasn't even playing for Guyana and they won without him.

In the other semi-final (Jamaica vs Barbados) Gayle was out for just one run.

:happy Barbados in the Final.
Hope they win it.
We have won soo much first class Cups in the past, unfortunately for the past few years Barbados wasn't really a Dominating team in the Caribbean. and had never dominated any 20-20.

I am happy to see them in this year T20 final. Hopefully we can see more improvement in Barbados cricket, after we came 2nd in the WI First Class competition.

This is a huge surprise. Trinidad & Tobago losing to Guyana. Dwayne Bravo brought backed Trinidad & Tobago from a beaten position. In the last 5 overs they needed 67 runs, but in that period they lost 5 wickets. To make it worse: there were 7 balls left after Trinidad & Tobago got out and only 4 runs needed.

The best thing is that Sarwan wasn't even playing for Guyana and they won without him.

In the other semi-final (Jamaica vs Barbados) Gayle was out for just one run.

No, just 1 ball left. The match was restricted to 19 overs per side.

Who is Foo? :what

He just came from nowhere and grabbed the title from Barbados.

So, Guyana reaches the Champions League.

No, just 1 ball left. The match was restricted to 19 overs per side.

In that case the way of batting of Trinidad & Tobago makes sense.

I see Guyana has won the tournament. Foo turned the match into his own. Great end of this tournament.

I wonder whether Guyana will be allowed to bring Chanderpaul to the Champions League.

Jonathan Foo is at the moment 19 years old and his cricketing career consists of four Twenty20's. :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread