Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven't been on here for a while, but had to tonight.

David Beckham Loves United and Hates Glazer :)

And m_vaughan :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Wow!!! What a night. United destroying Milan and again Rooney was sensational. I cant see no way any one can stop this goal machine. He can surely score 12 in remaining games to beat Ronaldo. Park must also be given the credit because he has been sensational in marking and stopping Pirlo in the middle of the park.

Lol!! Talking abt Madrid, hehe they wont be playing again at Bernabeu this year in the Champions League and I cant believe they cant score two goals at home with the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo, Higuain, Raul etc in their starting lineup. Afterall money cant win you matches.

themuel1

International Coach
He used Gago, Diarra and Emerson at a time as well. Gago used to be alternative for Guti at the time.

We dint win the title that season, Barca lost it. What Capello did bring into the squad was discipline which was lacking in previous seasons. But there was no way we could continue playing like that.

Regardless its pointless talking about the past. Overall I am happy with Pellegrini's job this season and have improved drastically for last season. Knockout football is a bit of a lottery and can often dilute the bigger picture. I know Marca want him out, but then thats Marca for you.

Can you explain how the media treat and approach Madrid and Barca there please Vaughany?

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Its not a very pleasant picture to be honest. What I surprises me is that people blame Real Madrid for using the media, where as its pretty much the other way round. So far Valdano has come out in support of Pellegrini and his long term project which is a good sign. When Perez became our president he said he had learnt from his past mistakes. Now is the time to prove it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I haven't been on here for a while, but had to tonight.

David Beckham Loves United and Hates Glazer :)

And m_vaughan :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Long time, no see!

Beckham will always be a Utd player, eh? What's your opinion on this Red Knights thing, do you think anything will ever come of it?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

It is six years but we had our share of bad luck in knockout football. Otherwise I am very pleased with how the team has gelled this season. Ronaldo has the best record in Europe in terms of goals scored per minutes played.

And we won our last title in 2002, which isn't that long ago because I remember it well.

Bit like England, really. Had we better luck, we would've won at least one more World Cup and one European Championship, there's no doubt about it.

Still, spending all that money and going out at the first knockout stage again - that's got to annoy Real's owners. :D

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Not just spending huge money, but buying the best players there are. I am sure, next season they will be behind Rooney and Ribery and who knows even Messi.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The signings were made for the long-term not just success in the 2009-10 season. Main goal for this season was to assemble all those new players and build a team, and the foundation of the same has been well laid by Pellegrini and we are current league leaders in La Liga ahead of a team that won everything last season. Now its time for the board to realise that and support the manager which is why I am happy with the way with Valdano has backed Pellegrini after the game.

PhilD123

International Coach
Beckham will always be a Utd player, eh? What's your opinion on this Red Knights thing, do you think anything will ever come of it?
Yes, if they can be persuaded to sell, if not they need to be forced out through non-renewal of season tickets and boycott of merchandise.

Main goal for this season was to assemble all those new players and build a team
No it was to build a team to win the Champions League on your home ground this season. You don't spend around 200 million to get knocked out in the 2nd round. Fact.

PhilD123

International Coach
That is most certainly not a fact. And Valdano I believe has clarified that now.
If United don't win it this season, I'd still take pleasure in seeing Barca win it in the Bernaubeu, a big middle finger up to Madrid. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If United don't win it this season, I'd still take pleasure in seeing Barca win it in the Bernaubeu, a big middle finger up to Madrid. :)

Barca v Man Utd final again? It's not out of the question, is it - I wonder who the Madrid fans would support in that one - might end up like a Utd home game...

You're right though Phil, that would really light Real's fire!

Edit: On a side note, what's the bet that our next away shirt will be green and gold? The money men must have cottoned on to the amount of Green/gold scarves that have been selling...

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Still, spending all that money and going out at the first knockout stage again - that's got to annoy Real's owners. :D

From what I know, aren't the Real owners basically the banks and the people in power in Spain? Which is why the club can have a massive debt, but never have to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread