Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
All this talk Rooney getting a pain injection in his toe is getting me nervous. United are not going to win, world cup around the corner, let him sit out.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm i think the Spanish coach Vincente Del Bosque might be the most concerned about Barca's lost here. This Athletico dominance in this quarter final, follows Bayern hammering last year & Brazil win vs Spain in the Copa America final.

These 3 teams have totally outmaneuvered the famous "tiki-taka" style, with a high pressure, physical game that Barca/Spain could not handle.

So maybe heading into the world cup, Spain may need a "plan B" alternative to the Barca way that has brought them all this success just in case.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
They just need to pair together a good defensive line, which the Spanish national squad does have the resources to do, ofc anything imperfect such as their playing style can take a tweaking however.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
All what Barca needs at this point is a good Goal Keeper and a new Coach.I don't think this is Argentina that Martino can play the substitute GK for the entire season.Given this loss,it's now time to realise that Atletico are going to win the Liga too.
At this point of time,I see the Madrid sides cruising into the final of the CL(provided the semi is not the Madrid Derby) .Let's wait till friday and see what's in store for us.

United-They were never in the shape to beat Bayern.Bayern had the mental edge over Manchester all the time.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Atletico Madrid have a great chance of winning CL,what a great team they have built with limted resources.

khaleel

Club Captain
All right, time to say goodbye to this thread for all United fans like myself. Won't be seeing this thread for atleast another year now. :wave

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Given this loss,it's now time to realise that Atletico are going to win the Liga too.

Do you really think that Real will give up ?

----------

If Chelsea gets Bayern, they'll most likely to win, even just a home leg. The form they currently are in home matches with Jos? is just exploiting! they can destroy any team and remove every obstacle en route to the final. I have the feeling that Chelsea is going to the final.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't see a favourite at this point. Athletico are playing best but none of their players have been this far before and that's important in the latter stages. Bayern look flaky at the back, Real somehow lost to Dortmund and Chelsea still have no strikers...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I really hope we don't get Atletico vs Chelsea, for one that's almost "too tactical" a game and two, Courtois, he's Atletico's 2nd best player behind Costa imo and there's no chance he'll play either leg given Atletico themselves have come out and said they won't pay the clause in the contract written in for just the scenario if they get drawn together and neither does it look like Chelsea will just let them use him like they did in that Super Cup game at the start of last season.

Without CR7 playing, they were just letting others to warm-up for the semis.

Will they approach the semis like that as well? You know - there's no Cristiano, so we might as well warm-up for the final. :rolleyes

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
So just what I didn't want, Real vs Bayern for the billionth time and Atletico vs Chelsea, ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread