Story Champions Series...on Cricket 2005

who shoud be the captain ?

• custom players(planetcricketers)-i ve to roll the dice for this

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • real captain(official player)-dravid,inzi,vaughan,ponting

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
Nice to see captain donating ..... Keep it Up ( my spot in team ;) ) ....

Aussie Team Strategy!

Batting strategies:
Agressive near start and finish (eg first 10 overs and last 10 too), only hit sixes on good players and go for the gaps in the field. during the middle 30 overs get batsmen to full confidence and hit a few sixes and fours here and there, but block dodgy balls, don't wanna get out by trying to smash something. Yorkers can be smashed if there is no one at the straight on boundary, otherwise just block. Don't get out hooking the ball or you get real lessons from a professional hooker!

Bowling:
Bowl with an outfield of leg side and either straight on depending where everyone else is (if more fielders inside rope on off side then the long on is straight) Also depends on where you bowl more, off side or towards stumps. Anway, bowl where you can get wickets (edges, catches, bowls, stumps etc). Bowl with plenty of aggression, lots of yorkers and bouncers!

They are going to be missed

These players are performing in the Johnny Walker ICC Super Series, so they will join their teams after the Super Test

S.Akhtar (Pak)

B.Lee (Aus)
G.Mcgrath (Aus)

S.Harmison (Eng)

V.Sehwag (Ind)

india rock said:
b lee i have an injury can i do this or do i have to play

u can do whatever u like..
but u have to pass the fitness test before u join ur game again :)

though we dont have physio ,this will add more realism

aus5892 said:
The Final Team For Australia is as follows since I have no time to ask Rabbitoh Rob about it, and I only have one personal strategy so far, but I've done some for the REAL players.
1. Michael Hussey (Play Agressive near start and build up confidence, before batting normally)
2. Wildwil (lemme know strategies, otherwise similar to Hussey)
3. R. Balaji (whatever you did last time)
4. Richie Roberts
5. Langerrox (i like playing a ponting like innings, slow at start and then flurish at the end scoring quite quickly, i prefer leg side and love cuts and hooks/pulls)
6. Shev
7. M. Hammer
8. A. Garg
9. E. Doherty
10. McDonald
11. McGrath (Bowl line and length with some aggresive balls too - lots of yorkers - and just do what McGrath does)
Super Sub is Symonds (though there is none in the game anyway)
PS Brett are you doing bowling for the actual matches or not? Cos you should.

Richie Roberts (me :D ) will play with my usual Gilchrist style and the captaincy style of Steve Waugh.

Richie Roberts and his aussie team mates have one message for his Derbyshire team mates and the rest of the Pommy squad.

Australia are about to unleash the hurt, when you walk off the ground your ashes fluke will feel like a world away!!!! Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi :happy

Good performance guys... our bowling was good and batting was superb as well... but don't get carried away as this was only a practice match. The real thing is yet to come... so keep focused and perform as best as you can...

Bilal Tahir
vice-captain of Pakistani Team

I am Asking my Cap if he can add me as opinfg the bowling agressivly and get the swing out of the bowl .

Champions Series
Match # 1

Australia / England
at Hove

Starting in just 2 hours

sid_19840 said:
Great news,are you playing as Australia or England?

yeah as Aussie..in all mattches
& in other matches ..dice will decide :)

usy57_pak said:
I am Asking my Cap if he can add me as opinfg the bowling agressivly and get the swing out of the bowl .

Users who are viewing this thread