Checklist for MattW's Visit to BigAnt's Office

Unfortunately it turns out the 'this guy gets it' private jet I brought with the licensing fees I got paid by BigAnt has a fairly high fuel consumption rate... Melbourne is just a tad too far for TGGI Air Ltd. If only I had brought a Hellicopter... Fatal error.

:lol

Seems like big ant haven't paid you enough biggs. You have become a casulty of world economies too.

Ross had the audacity to offer me only three air hostesses! THREE! I mean, what am I? Some kind of hobo that massages his own feet during the in flight movie? The things I compromised...

I'm bumping this thread up, because the force feels strong that we might get some news on this event sooner than later, that and I need to know if there's more spectacle options within the player-creator, so get on that, Mattington Gerorge Whittford.

May the force be with Matt... especially when he's trying to sneak out a copy of the game :D

Ross had the audacity to offer me only three air hostesses! THREE! I mean, what am I? Some kind of hobo that massages his own feet during the in flight movie? The things I compromised...

Couldn't you travel by hot air balloon? With all the hot air you're full of, you would get there in no time!

I would be interested in hearing about this proposed visit and am particurlarly keen in getting some insights in stats and stat tracking as we havent seen much of that in the gameplay videos.

Being a stats freak it is an area I am looking forward to seeing how it has been catered for in this game.....

.....what do people look for as a good foundation for stats in the game?

I realise Cricket Coach is a management game but I loved their statistical depth and especially the custom Almanac feature which produced a web-like interface for each season to gloat over every single ball played anywhere in the Cricket Coach virtual world. Amazing.

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.cricketcoachgame.com/output/2013/index.htm

Cricket Heroes also has an almanac feature worth looking at and some really in depth stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in hearing about this proposed visit and am particurlarly keen in getting some insights in stats and stat tracking as we havent seen much of that in the gameplay videos.

Being a stats freak it is an area I am looking forward to seeing how it has been catered for in this game.....

.....what do people look for as a good foundation for stats in the game?

I realise Cricket Coach is a management game but I loved their statistical depth and especially the custom Almanac feature which produced a web-like interface for each season to gloat over every single ball played anywhere in the Cricket Coach virtual world. Amazing.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Cricket Coach Almanack

Cricket Heroes also has an almanac feature worth looking at and some really in depth stats.

i'm a stats nut myself, which is why i have been asking questions about whether we can get 3 or 4 day tests (as played in england in 19th and early 20th century) or 8 ball over tests and first class cricket (as played in aus for a large part of the 20th century). seems odd to have the old-timey players and old timey kits/filters, but not be able to play under the conditions they played under with accurate stats tracking... questions have been ignored though :(

Yeah without wanting to cut off the discussion about the points you raised I am particurlarly keen to see how stats are catered for in general.

To be absolutely honest, I'm certain I can't satisfy either of your demand for stats. I'm just not that in to the stats side of things, the fact it keeps track of my scores is good enough - I wouldn't notice whether a 8 ball over is tracked as a test match if it happened in the right country in the right year.

To be absolutely honest, I'm certain I can't satisfy either of your demand for stats. I'm just not that in to the stats side of things, the fact it keeps track of my scores is good enough - I wouldn't notice whether a 8 ball over is tracked as a test match if it happened in the right country in the right year.

fair enough. tell you what though, we didn't see any footage of any play with the filters at the play session, and I would love to see that.

fair enough. tell you what though, we didn't see any footage of any play with the filters at the play session, and I would love to see that.
You did. One of the videos has a filter on - it obviously didn't come across well from a camera filming a screen, but I think it is visible enough that someone should have noticed it by now.

The Gotham filter in a night match is insane - didn't play like that, but saw it flipping through the menu options.

Just scorecards, spiders and all that jazz!!

You did. One of the videos has a filter on - it obviously didn't come across well from a camera filming a screen, but I think it is visible enough that someone should have noticed it by now.

The Gotham filter in a night match is insane - didn't play like that, but saw it flipping through the menu options.

really? do you know which video? i'll recheck it. i didn't spot that.

Okay, so try watching them again, and then you can reveal the answer in the spoiler below.
The Spin Bowling Video

About 1:49 in you get a fantastic shot of the filtered night sky.

thanks. yeah much more noticeable looking at the sky than the game - I guess due to the video quality. I was also distracted by the perfect leave at 1.10 - that's how you play limited overs!

Users who are viewing this thread