Chennai Champions Team Thread

It's anybody's game at this point, without Bond. But, the way he had been performing in the matches he played before being dropped, the match would still be in question.

First loss.

Last edited:
We're still number one in the tables (or should be), so it's still all good.

We just need to to hit them harder next time around.

Yup, it's a learning experience. We know not to discount Bond now, on poor pitches at the least.

As a captain, it was hard to drop Pietersen after that innings in the last game. Take into consideration the last match where we played on a poor pitch - We scored 190 with Tendulkar getting 93, I thought that the batting would overpower the bowling conditions anyways.

But yes, a learning experience, lets not lose anymore though ;)

Does anyone have the squad list for the PCPL downloaded? If so, we could test some lineups out on different pitches against PCPL teams.

Are any of you guys feeling brave enough to put up a poor pitch for the next match against the Tanks and playing Bond to get an idea of the squad we need to use on poor pitches?

Uh Pal - can we please be allowed to play 3 internationals against you.

You know we're gonna lose to you so badly anyway... and we're lucky to get this far :p

Are any of you guys feeling brave enough to put up a poor pitch for the next match against the Tanks and playing Bond to get an idea of the squad we need to use on poor pitches?

I like that idea.poor pitch in the next match too is a good idea to cover our squad weaknesses.

Disappointed with our first(and last hopefully) loss.

How does this look:

Sachin Tendulkar
Karachi_Xpress
Highlander999 (WK)
Vintners
Cricketman (C)
navin-boss
Adyhorn
Pavanbharadawaj
k_picky
Shane Bond
Scion_Sid

on a poor pitch.

We can always play to our strengths and go for the easy win with an excellent pitch, but we need to figure out where Bond fits into the order of things for the side. He hasn't played well so far, but we need to determine for sure if he can be helpful or not on a poor pitch.

Looks good, Pal.
Bond went for 7.4 an over I think in the last game on a poor pitch. We'll give it a shot, looks pretty strong anyways but yeah..

Yeah, you're right. Bond hasn't been performing well at all. But, perhaps that was just a one-off game, we've got to at least see where he fits in, so that we don't waste an international player. I put him in my place, since I haven't been performing that well on poor pitches either. We always have the option of going for the sure win with an excellent pitch, though.

Users who are viewing this thread