Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

dacricketmasta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
wtf manuka oval for final ROFLLLLLL isnt that in darwin or something?

edit:

its in canberra =]

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No surprises with the squad. Nofke might not be as great in the shorter form but he has proven handy in his 20/20 match and then during the PM 11 match showing he well enough.

Hopes has been decent with bat and ball so I'm happy to keep him there.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
gr8 start for the lankans by winning that tour match comprehensively..
can't wait for the start of this.... all 3 teams have a chance to get into finals IMO..

Good to see a Lankan member on the forums.
We`ve not had many Indo-Lankan encounters discussed on the forums .
Hopefully, we`ll have a few close games here.

Post more frequently dude. I would like Lankans to post reasonably frequently during the series because it would be quite odd for only Indians and Aussies to post during India-Lanka games !

.Mob

International Coach
Tiwary might get a game if Yuvi is injured, I'm hoping for someone (anyone) to get injured now.

.Mob

International Coach
Young and new, but destructive all right. Should be a very interesting series.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I think India will get too the final, they've been playing Australia for the past few weeks, so Sri Lanka will be a lot easier and India will be used to the conditions. Anyway lots of quality on show, should be a good comp between Englands whipping boys.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think India will get too the final, they've been playing Australia for the past few weeks, so Sri Lanka will be a lot easier and India will be used to the conditions. Anyway lots of quality on show, should be a good comp between Englands whipping boys.
Three of our middle order will not be taking part--Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman. So the whole "acclimatization" argument, at least for the batsmen, is not valid.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

More than that, I feel India will be hugely benefitted from young legs on the field. And our youngsters get acclimatised much faster than the senior pros, so that I count on them to start playing well pretty soon.

I am waiting to see the comeback of Suresh Raina. One of my favorite youngsters, and Wisden's rating states his potential. Hope the break from international cricket has done him good.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Many, Twenty20 starts at 2.35am for me. :( And 3.35am for East Coast! I guess you'll be having an early morning, Sai?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Three of our middle order will not be taking part--Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman. So the whole "acclimatization" argument, at least for the batsmen, is not valid.
Still 8 (probably less?) acclimatised players is better than 0!

I will be interested to see how Murali goes, whether he can't do it against the Aussies for whatever reason or if its the conditions and he can't do it against the Indians too, although the Indians are good players of spin so maybe it would't be the conditions if he did badly against them too.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Still 8 (probably less?) acclimatised players is better than 0!

I will be interested to see how Murali goes, whether he can't do it against the Aussies for whatever reason or if its the conditions and he can't do it against the Indians too, although the Indians are good players of spin so maybe it would't be the conditions if he did badly against them too.
Murali has been quite successful against India in the past. And a lot of our lineup will never have faced him before or faced him extensively. Sehwag is the man who needs to be out there when Murali comes out. Tendulkar would also be good against him. I can definitely see the likes of Yuvraj struggling against him.

Users who are viewing this thread