Commonwealth Bank Series

evertonfan said:
One thing is for sure, Australia are definitley beatable in this series. One feels that if Hussey can be bowled out in tight situations like this then you have every chance of winning.

I totally disagree....

Australia haven't lost a match yet, although two games have been dependant on Hussey and his tail end mates, the one thing Australia did was get to the finish line which most teams wouldn't. I would be suprised if they lost at all in leading up to the world cup.

Australia are the best ODI side in the world, and that was their best possible side they could field you would say. Maybe minus Clark but he got 4 wickets, so in the end you can't complain. I think getting as close as we did in this match even with so many players injured and with us not taking our chances is something to be reasonably proud and happy with.

But even so, the team will be dissapointed and still need to work hard to fix the areas which we messed up. Namly the batting and fielding. THe umpiring could be a bit better too, but thats out of our hands.

Simbazz said:
I totally disagree....

Australia haven't lost a match yet, although two games have been dependant on Hussey and his tail end mates, the one thing Australia did was get to the finish line which most teams wouldn't. I would be suprised if they lost at all in leading up to the world cup.

You obviously havn't been watching this series on television. They are beatable and are lucky not to have lost today. I say we lost the game rather then Australia won it.

New Zealand always seem to come out and give it there best against us. It'd be interesting to see how big the outcome would be if we came out and play with the same intensity against them.

irottev said:
You obviously havn't been watching this series on television. They are beatable and are lucky not to have lost today. I say we lost the game rather then Australia won it.

I have been watching :p and ill stick by what i said

irottev said:

Beatable these last two games when our batters didn't fire. When they do expect more of what you saw in the first game.

Simbazz said:

They are too dependant on Hussey. He can't do this every time they are in a bit of trouble and that's why they are definitely beatable. I think any Australian would admit that.

aussie1st said:
Beatable these last two games when our batters didn't fire. When they do expect more of what you saw in the first game.

Touche, you wait til our batsmen fire!

Your batsmen were in good form. Our bowlers were too good for them. Gillespie has caused them all trouble.

I wanna see Australia step up like they did in the Ashes and really show teams like New Zealand where they are really at compared to us.
Really, we shouldn't be needing Hussey to carry us to victory like he seems to do in every game we play.
Where is the Ricky Ponting whose racked up 20 ODI centuries? He should be tearing up Kiwi attacks, especially if they haven't got Shane Bond.

Can anyone just admit that our bowling attack is actually half decent. I know you Australians like to think your team could plummet any attack everywhere, but Bond, Gillespie, Franklin, Vettori and Patel are looking like a damned good attack. And we don't even have Oram or Mills here yet. I must say, we are in a great situation for bowlers right now. Batsmen are the ones who have let us down in every game.

Yea good win for the Aussies, but the top order need to fire! Hate wot's happened in the last two games. Australia should of walked the last 2 games with 15 overs to spare! Crap scg pitch with those two grass lines, (talk about an unproffesionally made surface!), didn't help things. Well done Hussey yet again, the man of the match in my view...

New Zealands's bowling attack is far too good to suggest that it could be 'shredded'. Bond has the pace, Gillespie has the nip and bounce, Franklin has the swing, Vettori has the control and Patel has the spin. The have Astle's dibbler-dobblers in reserve too. That's a very good bowling attack in my opinion. Far better than England where it seems that only Anderson wants to bowl at the moment.

andrew_nixon said:
You clearly haven't got my point. No one is saying that players in the England team are all from England.

What I (and a few others) are telling you is that the England cricket team is not a UK cricket team.
Semanticism aside, are you (clearly) trying to tell me that the English cricket team is only selected from English county teams?

Would you like to discuss cricket or shall we engage in historical evaluation of the term "United Kingdom"?

What I, and several others, have been trying to convey to you is that too much emphasis is placed upon "correct" nomenclature and behaviour in English cricket and not enough upon the suitability and compatability of individual players.

NZ's attack is alright but if we can't convincingly go well against the Kiwi's then how are we going to go against a bowling attack like Pakistan? South Africa? Or even India whos showing promise.
Really some of our batsman just need to wake up.

I believe we have a better attack then South Africas in ODI cricket. Thats my opinion anyway, you guys took their attack for 400 remember? And Pakistan's attack is indeed good with Akhtar and Asif. But the others can be expensive. I think we should be considered right up there myself.

wfdu_ben91 said:
NZ's attack is alright but if we can't convincingly go well against the Kiwi's then how are we going to go against a bowling attack like Pakistan? South Africa? Or even India whos showing promise.
Really some of our batsman just need to wake up.

Plz mate dont make me even think of it :noway . i will then fall ill. :(

Users who are viewing this thread