Commonwealth Bank Series

Hooper said:
But that nick was bloody funny as...Hussey's face!!!! What a crack-up!!!! Oh well just move on...poor poms lost another game of cricket nothing new:)

We weren't even talking about England...

stop this new age crap, the umpire is paid to officiate proceedings out there and the batsman's job is to bat, not bring ethics into the game!

About the walking issue, I think Hussey made a great point saying "you take the good ones with the bad ones"

John Adams said:
So is Mal gonna play on Tuesday? He gonna hit some more big sixes?
like BOOM BOOM AFRIDI we hope!

cricketmad09 said:
About the walking issue, I think Hussey made a great point saying "you take the good ones with the bad ones"
generally they bad ones and good ones equal each other out...its a part of the game so live with it!

evertonfan said:
You a fan of Loye then Rox?
huge actually, saw some of the stuff he did in the OD comp over there and the twenty20, just didnt know his technique was so 'out there', great player however.

evertonfan said:
You a fan of Loye then Rox?
Just shows how much of an idiot Fletcher is that he has this bloke missing aswell. Giving blokes like Clarke, Batty, Bresnan, Yardy, McGrath a go and not this guy.

cricketmad09 said:
Just shows how much of an idiot Fletcher is that he has this bloke missing aswell. Giving blokes like Clarke, Batty, Bresnan, Yardy, McGrath a go and not this guy.
yep, nixon and gojo you could add to that list, didnt loye used to keep a little :p? Yardy isn't horrible by any means, performed in the little chances he had but loye should of been in the side along long time ago

cricketmad09 said:

Tell me about it. In fairness though, Yardy did okay with the ball but was shocking with the bat; His supposed stronger suit.

stevie said:
I can't agree with that. Having walked a couple of times myself, it makes me feel cheated when someone else doesn't walk when they know full well they are out. What Hussey did in the England game was disgraceful in my book. I don't care what the situation in the match is, if you know your out (which he quite obviously did), then you go.

More players should follow Gilchrist's example.
I agree but since most people DONT, I wouldnt blame Hussey for standing his ground.

evertonfan said:
Tell me about it. In fairness though, Yardy did okay with the ball but was shocking with the bat; His supposed stronger suit.
copycat!

evertonfan said:

His bowling was vital for us drawing with Pakistan, his batting was poor (though he did play some important knocks vs Pakistan, not neccesarily big scores but he stayed out there in a collapse).

I think Yardy benefited from being somewhat of a secret weapon though. I mean he was new on the scene and his style is quite unique, which I think helped. He just strikers me as the type who batsmen could get used to in a hurry.

On the walking debate....

I think the thing Hussey said about umpiring decisions when he said "you take the good ones with the bad," is a very very important thing. I pretty much never walk because even when there is 30 people watching the game im not sure if i've nicked it i cant image 30,000 watching me and being sure at anything even if i nicked it to 18th slip (obviously not but you get my arguement)

I think Batsmen have a hard enough job against bowling attacks as it is, especially when Jimmy is bowling tight and is swinging it both ways. So to walk to giving your wicket away regardless of the decision by the Ump. Gilchrist is a very experienced man in these situations and plays by the rule-book but even though he has a name for walking in all circumstances he is somtimes reluctant if it is VERY dubious if he nicked it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread