Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
Speaking of Haddin I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes in the field cause if he goes alright then that batting spot in our WC squad is his.
....you want to pick haddin as a batsman

Haddin in the field? The selectors wouldn't even think about it.

So sad, why couldn't the match still be on :(

langerrox said:
....you want to pick haddin as a batsman

Yea why not what do we have to lose? If he fails then we confirm he can't play as a batsmen alone, if he goes well we have a good batter that can keep perfect for the WC squad.

aussie1st said:
Yea why not what do we have to lose? If he fails then we confirm he can't play as a batsmen alone, if he goes well we have a good batter that can keep perfect for the WC squad.
give a haddin over voges,jaques,watson,north or even cosgrove?

Jaques, Cosgrove - Form slump
Watson - Just back from injury
Voges and North - Chuck them in somewhere else if you want still got a number of games to go.

form slump or not, they are futures and i don't see haddin playing much further for aus. north and voges should be miles ahead of haddin, far better batters.. even watson went good last night

Well that was fun.

If England don't bother to get out of bed then I won't in the future.

Shocking, trully shocking. Plunkett? worse than Saj tbh.

langerrox said:
form slump or not, they are futures and i don't see haddin playing much further for aus. north and voges should be miles ahead of haddin, far better batters.. even watson went good last night

This is the WC year if you have forgotten not looking at the future. There is heaps of time to do that after the WC. Watson already has a spot in the WC squad. North has no hope of making the WC squad, Voges would be the same if the selectors didn't pick him in the Ashes squad.

aussie1st said:
This is the WC year if you have forgotten not looking at the future. There is heaps of time to do that after the WC. Watson already has a spot in the WC squad. North has no hope of making the WC squad, Voges would be the same if the selectors didn't pick him in the Ashes squad.
umm.. haddin was never selected for any tests or odi.. so he has no hope of making the WC? the WC squad is already final and now its about giving future servants of australian cricket a go.

stereotype said:
the funny thing about Hayden is that despite his lack of form he is fairing better than all other openers except Gilchrist
Teams of the series anyone?

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ross Taylor
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jacob Oram
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shane Bond

12th Man Glenn McGrath

Sounds pretty good. After today, maybe Johnson deserves Bonds spot a little more. Bond did miss a game and otherwise, has bowled very well, just hasn't got the wickets to really show for it. Hopefully he can get a few Aussie wickets again.

langerrox said:
umm.. haddin was never selected for any tests or odi.. so he has no hope of making the WC? the WC squad is already final and now its about giving future servants of australian cricket a go.

Hes already played ODIs :rolleyes:
And the squad is far from done, Hayden is still to prove himself, as is White and Clark.

aussie1st said:
Hes already played ODIs :rolleyes:
And the squad is far from done, Hayden is still to prove himself, as is White and Clark.
i was referring to ODIs on this tour, hayden is a shoe-in, white is competiting with noone (don't know any #7 hard hitting batsman)

We need to stop paying the England players until they win. At least Monty tries, he just needs experience in ODI's. We have to give Bopara a chance. he can't be any worse than this lot and his career is yet to be wrecked, for all we know he could hit a 100 in his first game(very unlikely though)

Users who are viewing this thread