Commonwealth Bank Series

stereotype said:
If Trescothick comes back you will have a solid side.

1. Strauss
2. Trescothick
3. Vaughan
4. Pietersen
5. Flintoff
6. Collingwood

Thats the batsmen, no room for Bell or Joyce. Im not a Bell fan, for a number 3 he doesnt drive the ball straight very well, too many runs in the third man region. I feel your number 3 needs to have the biggest range of shots in the side....like Ponting for example can play every shot in the book
Bell made 35 off 31 today, check out Collingwood's last few innings, why would he deserve a place over Bell?
I'd also have Pietersen at 3 and Vaughan at 4.

I just think that Bell isnt good enough to bat 3...maybe 5 or 6...and Joyce looks to be up to his ears in pressure, these guys dont look to be at ODI standard and to have them at 3 and 4 just shows how brittle this current England side is.

Are we playing a Test match? Cause Hayden is playing just that, his strike rate is bearly over 30 against a under strength English bowling team!

wfdu_ben91 said:
Bell made 35 off 31 today, check out Collingwood's last few innings, why would he deserve a place over Bell?
I'd also have Pietersen at 3 and Vaughan at 4.
I think Collingwoods bowling in the middle overs is important, but there is a split hair between them.....Id have Vaughan at 3 because he has a wider range of shots and he has experience opening so he would be better against the new ball, whilst i think the new ball can trouble Pietersen

aussie1st said:
Are we playing a Test match? Cause Hayden is playing just that, his strike rate is bearly over 30 against a under strength English bowling team!
Well he doesnt need to score at a strike rate of 80 he needs time in the middle.....I am enjoying this because when this finishes I have to watch Mcleods Daughters on Fox :eek: with my gf

This won't do him any good, hes going to come out of this game with a negative even if he gets a not out. All this is doing is putting more doubt in his head, wondering what will happen when he faces better bowlers, can he score fast enough these days..
At least try scoring at a SR of 60.

aussie1st said:
Hayden is playing for himself now.He said similar things about sub-continental players 2-3 years ago that they play for themselves. :p

i think time in the middle is the best possible remedy for a form slump, getting a 30 not out from 68 is better than 34 from 38 getting out, because its all about getting your timing right and picking up the odd single to rotate the strike

He did this in the Ashes 2-3 years ago, and after that his scoring rate was well of his usual pace. The Hayden of old was lost in that 5th Ashes match in England, it looked like he was getting back to the Hayden of old this Ashes but this CBS is still the new Hayden.

this was all part of Englands plan. Buchana says we don't provide enough of a challenge so we be so bad that Australia don't even have to try and learn nothing. so really we've won ...

if he goes on to score 50 or more in the next match against NZ then i will put it down to his smart, built innings, we are still going at a rate that would have us reach 240+ if we were batting first

Well lets hope we bat first in the next game so that he can make as many runs as he wants. We also still need to see if White is right for our team as hes choked under pressure when we needed him.

aussie1st said:
Well lets hope we bat first in the next game so that he can make as many runs as he wants. We also still need to see if White is right for our team as hes choked under pressure when we needed him.
I think White has been chosen for what he could do rather what he can do (like Symonds when he started out) He is along with Gilchrist the fastest scorer in the side (he easily outscores Symonds) and I think he is chosen to be like Symonds, that is big hitter etc... and because of that he might stay in the side regardless of whether their seems to be better candidates available

Users who are viewing this thread