Commonwealth Bank Series

Time to give some other guys a go. See if Voges can play. Play White up the order. Give Klinger a go. Give Haddin some more experience for when Gilly retires.

the funny thing about Hayden is that despite his lack of form he is fairing better than all other openers except Gilchrist
Teams of the series anyone?

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ross Taylor
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jacob Oram
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shane Bond

12th Man Glenn McGrath

stereotype said:
I think White has been chosen for what he could do rather what he can do (like Symonds when he started out) He is along with Gilchrist the fastest scorer in the side (he easily outscores Symonds) and I think he is chosen to be like Symonds, that is big hitter etc... and because of that he might stay in the side regardless of whether their seems to be better candidates available

On paper having White at 7 is perfect because he can finish an inns off which is what we've been missing lately. If Hussey or Symonds are out then we don't get much in that last 10.

I have slightly more confidence in White's batting over Harvey currently.

Cameron White i think is just a little not up to standard but the more experience he gets the better, I think like Symonds all you need from him is one decent innings and he will be off....

stereotype said:
the funny thing about Hayden is that despite his lack of form he is fairing better than all other openers except Gilchrist

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ross Taylor
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jacob Oram
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shane Bond

12th Man Glenn McGrath
I think Shane Bond has been disappointing this series.

It would be ideal when Watson comes back to put him at 7 and Hogg at 8 and you can still have 4 seamers that way and a spinner :)

i think he has been outstanding without luck.....other than his hattrick...he hasnt bowled express but he has built pressure with his bowling

gaurav_indian said:
Hayden is playing for himself now.He said similar things about sub-continental players 2-3 years ago that they play for themselves. :p
I don't think he is. It would be silly to get yourself out going for a big shot when it's not needed. That would be if anything selfish.

stereotype said:
Cameron White i think is just a little not up to standard but the more experience he gets the better, I think like Symonds all you need from him is one decent innings and he will be off....

He just needs some time to settle into the side. Maybe promote him to give him more batting time to get his confidence up. Then he'll be right to bat at 7 again.

stereotype said:
i think he has been outstanding without luck.....other than his hattrick...he hasnt bowled express but he has built pressure with his bowling
The way I see it is that he has just bowled straight up and down backward of a length with little or no movement and he bowls too many wides and no balls (a lot overhead wides as well) and that hattrick wasn't really a geniune hattrick, the last over with batsmen attacking, not to mention Bracken on the hattrick ball.

stereotype said:

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ross Taylor
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jacob Oram
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shane Bond

12th Man Glenn McGrath
hmm 2 blokes got in there for one innings...

england are the most pathetic of gutless hacks to ever tour australia, they have talent but show no grunt or mental determination

langerrox said:
hmm 2 blokes got in there for one innings...

england are the most pathetic of gutless hacks to ever tour australia, they have talent but show no grunt or mental determination
yeah i know, but batting wise there hasnt been a great amount to choose from...i could have picked McMillan but 5 for 67 to putting his side into a winning position Oram kind of had to be picked.....no one else really

cricketmad09 said:
Time to give some other guys a go. See if Voges can play. Play White up the order. Give Klinger a go. Give Haddin some more experience for when Gilly retires.
klinger? :rolleyes:

stereotype said:
yeah i know, but batting wise there hasnt been a great amount to choose from...i could have picked McMillan but 5 for 67 to putting his side into a winning position Oram kind of had to be picked.....no one else really
fair call, i would of had those blokes in, wait till the series is over i guess.

cricketmad09 said:

Speaking of Haddin I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes in the field cause if he goes alright then that batting spot in our WC squad is his.

Users who are viewing this thread