Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
Isn't Anderson injured? If he can't play again this series not much point in keeping him here.
Well apparently not really. It seems he's gone home after some problems in case it gets worse and/or serious. He's in no pain apparently.

when i was listening to sky sports news they said they sent him home so he would be fresh from the world cup but he might have been able to make the finals. i could be wrong but thats just what i heard.

Leicester Fox said:
when i was listening to sky sports news they said they sent him home so he would be fresh from the world cup but he might have been able to make the finals. i could be wrong but thats just what i heard.
That's the gist of what the Sky Commentators are saying, with rumours that he was scheduled to go home a few days ago, rather than being sent as he had no prospects of playing for a while a la Pietersen.

i'll forgive them if he does well in the world cup. or if broad is called into the squad as a replacement

Leicester Fox said:
so i take it sportsmanship and the spirit of the game isn't top of yor list then. I'd rather we sent out Bopara next if we're still in the powerplays.

he charged me its his own fault

i have no problem with the shot but you take the risk of getting hit do you go on your knees when a car is going by at 130 kph

It'll be interesting to see how clarke does here and how we play him. Now the powerplays are over i hope Bell doesn't start blocking because that will just generate more pressure.

MUFC1987 said:
Well apparently not really. It seems he's gone home after some problems in case it gets worse and/or serious. He's in no pain apparently.

Oh ok, it's fair enough no point in risking him with the WC only a month away.

England did right by sending him home. They won't make the finals. Thats just ridiculous.

a 94 moh bouncer followed by 4 wides. thats sort of sums up taits problems

irottev said:
England did right by sending him home. They won't make the finals. Thats just ridiculous.
Ah, so you agree that we should send out the Under 15s to play New Zealand? :rolleyes:

aussie1st said:
That last over from Tait wasn't a good sign, if hes there to bowl at the death it's not looking good.
The yorkers have generally been ok and the bumpers have almost all been sharp. The fullish balls that swing have been the ones that most often go astray.

good 50 from Joyce. He looks like he'll be in our world cup squad but we need a player who can hit centurys not 50's.

Both these two are looking comfortable, as long as England don't collapse they should have a decent enough total to defend.

The way we've been going, 141 which we're at already is a decent total. :p

Users who are viewing this thread