Commonwealth Bank Series

Cricbuzz Commentary said:
McGrath to Dalrymple, out Dalrymple Run Out!!1 run completed, Dalrymple hammers it down the ground on the off, Clarke releases the ball in a flash from widish long off, Bopara is set for the second, he is running all the way, and lo, Dalrymple sacrifices his wicket J Dalrymple run out (M Clarke/A Gilchrist) 30(18) 4s-3 6s-1
haha, he was about type lol, must have been really funny that run-out

at least Bopara gets a not out on debut,he's a raid runner. 290 we can defend if Mahmood bowls well or he could go for 100 of 10 overs. you can never tell with him

Mahmood should get the new ball which I think will suit him. Normally he's been coming on when the openers are off to a good start. Should be interesting either way.

Not bad hitting from Plunkett there got England up to 292. Should be a real good chase on our hands, hopefully Hodge carries his domestic form and reaches his potential for ODI.

Some ugly figures from Australia but England have shown they can bat. It's as easy as just scoring at a normal rate and not wasting your wicket.

Dalrymple doing his best Pietersen impression was a real bonus. Lets just hope his Murali impression is up to scratch.

Yeah, 12 bonus runs on top of 280. I would back English to win this one as Aussies haven't had to chase this much for a while so they may feel new to this kind of pressure. Oh well, you still never know with England and their bowlers. Aussies can chase this down in 40 overs if they get good start going.

If we can do this without KP then we've shown we do have he talent. I think we need to find the right batting order and we really just need to get back some confidence. I'd like to see Bopara given a run in the team. Collingwood is a walking wicket and Boparas quick running was great to watch,for a minute i thought we were Australia...

Should start a Tait vs Clark poll. Of course, there'd have to be another poll made for the Gabba match if they both play again.

It'd be interesting to see the arguments, seeing as Clark isn't very economical, he's not exactly a posterboy for "control".

About frigin time England gave the Aussies some competition, this should of happened at Adelaide as well, all those poor people never getting a proper match there. Yea why didn't England play like this from Novemeber? lol and why was Tait selected? *shrugs* Well I hope it's a great run chase and part of me hopes England wins and then beats NZ lol. Just for a more thrilling series ending...

Leicester Fox said:
If we can do this without KP then we've shown we do have he talent. I think we need to find the right batting order and we really just need to get back some confidence. I'd like to see Bopara given a run in the team. Collingwood is a walking wicket and Boparas quick running was great to watch,for a minute i thought we were Australia...
Lol, lets not go over the board here, if there was a chance of England coming good in 1 out of 10 chances, they have already explored those other 9 first. So, there's still more games to come and today has been result of introducing new faces to the team.

I thought that Tait has improved :rolleyes: .But he is still that trash :mad

angryangy said:
Should start a Tait vs Clark poll. Of course, there'd have to be another poll made for the Gabba match if they both play again.

It'd be interesting to see the arguments, seeing as Clark isn't very economical, he's not exactly a posterboy for "control".

On that display I'll take neither :p Tait just can't transfer his domestic form to internationals. His speed has increased but still doesn't look threatening after a few overs. Perfect example was his first over almost had Joyce LBW then later in that over Joyce picked off a similar ball.

Clark same problem as usual and I just don't see how hes going to get a wicket.

Leicester Fox said:

we missed catches :( , u played some shots in a small fiels :p , and u r thinking you yurselves are Aussie ;) . What A joke . :mad

Users who are viewing this thread