Commonwealth Bank Series

Oh, ho hum. Bonus point here we come. Bopara's a legend already. Well maybe not so after that first ball of the over, but I think he's redeemed himself.

Australia, whats happened? what have new zealand created, when New Zealand let England get 260 did they realise what they did? they lost the series for themselves really, how did Symonds retire hurt, i didn't see it

Symonds didn't do much. He's just a bit soft really. Perhaps his bat is to heavy for him?

What on earth happened there, go away for 15 minutes and the 2 players have gone. Hows bad is Symonds injury?

Anyway time to show what you got White, you've done it for the A sides now for the top side.

Seriously, Symonds hurt his arm in the bicep region when he hit a shot earlier and it was visibly hurting him when he tried to play the ball to the boundary.

mmmm, my sis put the tv on mute, so i dont know when anything big happens, did Symonds drop his bat on his toe?, with the wood he uses that would have crushed big foots toe :p

MUFC1987 said:
Seriously, Symonds hurt his arm in the bicep region when he hit a shot earlier and it was visibly hurting him when he tried to play the ball to the boundary.

Oh ok, hmm doesn't sounds like he will be much use if he comes back. Guess we will do a NZ where we will only play Symonds if we get close enough.

It does seem as though my question from a day or so ago could be answered. I.e. who fills the void due to injuries.

The sad thing is, I doubt Symonds will resume his innings. So really England have this one.

But good luck to them, they still won't make the final. And the bonus point, despite what people say, is worthless as we currently have a higher net run rate. Getting bowled out for 110 and 120 type scores wasn't a good idea.

Just as I say it, Bracken hits some boundaries.

aussie1st said:
Guess we will do a NZ where we will only play Symonds if we get close enough.

May do! May end up that way too. Depends how long the tail can stick in there. White is gonna need 50+ here though. I don't know if they will send out Symonds, they are already in the finals. No need for risk.

Good in a way. It will be more fitting for us to knock England out totally ourselves. That would be the fair way.

NZ's net RR is 0.07, whereas Englands is -1.17. Now, to achieve a bonus point, we need a NRR of 1.25 greater than Australia. So does that mean that if we get a Bonus point, we get the shift of the 1.25 taking us to 0.08 NRR, and above NZ? It's all very confusing.

MUFC1987 said:
It does seem as though my question from a day or so ago could be answered. I.e. who fills the void due to injuries.

Watson would come in if the selectors are confident with him. If not then Voges should come in, wouldn't be surprised seeing Hopes though.

Symonds is done for today apparently, due to a message from the dressing room. Now White is gone too.

These one sided games are doing nothing for England's World Cup preperations. We need to start playing opposition that will test us.

Users who are viewing this thread