Commonwealth Bank Series

:happy Woohoo! Well done Australia! :happy

But also well done NZ for making it a meaningfull win for the Aussie team. :)

So glad Hodge went well! A Victorian of course! :clap

lol

Can't wait for Tuesday's match. Should be a thriller! :boxing

genghis_khan said:
Two names im not happy to see in the australian team are Hodge and Clark...i mean seriously the experiment has been tried and failed, cant the selectors just move on?

;)

I was like most 'Pommies' supporting Australia today, I enjoyed the game, Ponting and Hodge were magnificent. Though todays game was overshadowed when I flicked over tot he RSA game!

Vaughan is expected back for Tuesday, who drops out? Loye?

From what I saw of our last match, Strauss looked pretty good and was only out when he was trying to up the run rate, which is fair enough when you have a few wickets left in the last ten overs.

Leicester Fox said:
ok i did decide a team but it had 12 players in! drop strauss

All you have to do is delete the second Bopara and it's fine. :p

Oh i knew i had gone wrong somewhere! basically drop strauss,put vaughan at 3 and move everyone up a place. Plunkett has been our best batsmen so far

I may sound stupid, but I still wouldn't put Hodge in Australia's line-up. He just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

they'll want him in the twenty20 world cup. He can't be any worse than White and Symonds is injured now so it looks like he could be in their world cup team.

Tait bowled well after his nightmare at the SCG on Friday.

I think Hodge is good enough for ODI cricket, I've said that even when he was failing against England in this series. He just showed today with the innings that he played, that he could really strengthen the middle order, look at the some of the unorthodox shots he played today. To be honest, I dont think Cameron White is good enough. His bowling isn't exactly strong and the Australians have a good enough batting line up to do with out him. With Watson and Clarke they could easily fill the fifth quota of overs.

Gilly
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hodge
Hussey
Watson
Lee
Bracken
Johnson
McGrath

Watson and Hussey could swap positions depending on the match situation. Hogg could come in as the spinner for Johnson if they pitch helps spin.

New Zealand's bowling looks toothless in such batting conditions. They don't seem to have a bowler who can take wickets apart from Daniel Vettori.

Styris bowled well in the middle. I think the turning point was when the old ball was changed. Ponting and Hodge immediately started striking the ball well...

Users who are viewing this thread