Commonwealth Bank Series

Simbazz said:
I think if were talking about a ODI bowler line up id have this....

Mahmood/Dalrymple (who in a year or so id replace with Tom Smith, i think he has a real real future in the game)
Anderson
Lewis/Plunkett/Tremlett
Panesar
I'd always keep Lewis in my ODI team and choose one between Plunkett, Tremlett, Anderson and maybe even Broad.

Tom Smith is nowhere near ready for International cricket yet. He is a massive prospect definitley, but to suggest that he'll be playing for England next year is ridiculous.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Well if you played Watson & White then wouldn't the part-timers only need to bowl 10 overs?
The three frontliners bowl out there 10 & so does Watson and then you can spread 10 overs between Symonds, Clarke & White or even an over or two more if they are doing quite well.

No way I would play Watson over one of our front line bowler. If he plays we won't need to bowl the part timer.

Strauss should be captain. End of story.

Looking forward to England getting dicked again today. They might put up a better fight with their confidence up.

well ponting is being rested so a chance for england to get aussies middle order under pressure

but we all know flintoff is gonan open bowling himself so there goes that idea

gambino said:
well ponting is being rested so a chance for england to get aussies middle order under pressure

but we all know flintoff is gonan open bowling himself so there goes that idea
I Dont think Ponting resting would be to much of an effect on us with the rest of our batting line-up expierenced bar White, but he showed he can be a lethal weapon too

The batting order might have a little less experienced but the bowling fire is back again.

Bad news for us. Styris now has a calf injury he picked up in the warm-up's of todays domestic match :(

Good news is Vincent is in the process of smashing the Canterbury bowling attack all over the place. 125* off 134 balls and there is 5 overs left. Harry bowled 8 overs for 34 runs and may bowl 2 more yet. Has taken 3 catches.

I kind of wonder why Vincent got the dump. He had a few bad innings, but it's going to happen. He made some great contributions opening for us.

Anyone got the lines ups of England and Australia.....mainly Australia like whos playing whos not?

Gilchrist (C)
Hayden
Hodge
Clarke
Hussey (VC?)
Symonds
White
Lee
Johnson
Bracken
McGrath

Pretty sure it's something like that.

Punk Sk8r! said:
How come to dropped Clark?

Hes like....good!

He's been unthreating in ODI for a long time now just picking up the odd wicket.

Loye in :o and Panesar out for Tremlett. This is going to be good.

Last edited:
symonds_sixes said:
4 part time options to bowl 20 overs. People always underestimate Symonds' offspinners.
I dont reakon they are. For a part-timer, he doesnt consistently keep it tight enough, and only sometimes takes wickets.

Someone like Nathan Astle is a much better part-timer, because he can keep it tight consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread