Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
I'm hearing this is England's first time passing 50 with their opening partnership this tour.

Then that'll be the largest stand they've had then.

Good consistent changes from Bracks got his man.

That man Bracken strikes again, what a knack he has for getting the break through.
Still Loye did his chances no harm really took it to the Aussies and deserves another shot.

I don't know. He might fancy himself driving McGrath and he might be in 2 minds weather to sweep him or not.
But nevertheless, Loye is gone now & Hayden has 50 ODI catches. Be interesting to see if England can continue or if they collaspe ala the way what happened to the Winies in the Champs Trophy final. ;)

Shame on all you Loye doubter. That was a defiant knock and it was a shame that it was a such a tame shot he got out to.

Thanks to McGrath England lost their best player! I honestly thought that Peitersen was ok but 5 weeks with no KP! DIE MCGRATH!! I hope he gets injured before the world cup!

Has anyone noticed that McGrath has been bowling 135km/h+ and still bowl quite accurately? I think thats what got Strauss.

Oh for Fecks sake England! Why does 1 wicket always mean two with this bloody side? Now we have two unsettled batsman and the good start is next to worthless now. Strauss, you haven't played to pull shot well all tour so why the hell do it now you idiot? Absolutley brainless cricket.

IloveGilly said:
Has anyone noticed that McGrath has been bowling 135km/h+ and still bowl quite accurately? I think thats what got Strauss.

Hes not like Lee where he loses his line and length once he speeds up. This would be more a case of McGrath finally reaching his peak again as he usually takes a while after an injury.

Strauss should be the one to go over Bell. Despite all that bad luck his getting, he keeps getting slow starts & his average is dropping by innings.

Oh my God i've only just realised that Panesar isn't playing having just turned on the TV. Ridiculous, FLintoff is an absolute idiot.

aussie1st said:
Hes not like Lee where he loses his line and length once he speeds up. This would be more a case of McGrath finally reaching his peak again as he usually takes a while after an injury.

Unusual to see him bowl at this pace and still bowl straight. His action seems more forced to produce more pace from what I can see.

evertonfan said:
Oh my God i've only just realised that Panesar isn't playing having just turned on the TV. Ridiculous, FLintoff is an absolute idiot.

Yeh, I was wondering that too, they've put in Tremlett and kept Lewis in as well. Unusual team relying on Dalrymple for their spin.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Strauss should be the one to go over Bell. Despite all that bad luck his getting, he keeps getting slow starts & his average is dropping by innings.

Bell usually gets slow starts too, both players form has been scratchy of late with starts by no 100 so you could go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread