Commonwealth Bank Series

Lewis has been completley out of his depth on this tour and is yet to take a wicket whereas Panesar is our only attacking spin option. Flintoff's diregard of Panesar is really stupid. He's cost us this match already because I guarantee Lewis will be taken to the cleaners again and we only have one spinner available to dry up runs.

Bell's a good accumulator by the way. Although why were playing three accumulators in Bell, Joyce and Collingwood i'll never know.

Yea no idea why Flintoff would want Lewis over Panesar hes done jack all so far and I can't see that changing.

Johnson still only in the low 140s thought he was meant to be an out and out quick.

Bell has the best record & Strauss' strike-rate for the series is probably now under 50 with an average of now under 20 while Bell contributed to a partnership in the last game of 45 with Flintoff.
It'd be harsh to go with Strauss over Bell considering Bell has a much better career ODI average over Strauss.

There's always the chance that they're thinking 4 pacemen is the better option since Panesar doesn't really get much turn. Then again we all know how bad Lewis has been.

Bell starting to play his strokes.

Well if they wanted 4 pacemen should have gone with Mahmood or Plunkett both could have done better than Lewis.

Although i'm going to regret saying this, Mithchell Johnson really looks an average bowler to me i'm afraid. He doesn't seem to have any nip about him at all.

aussie1st said:
Well if they wanted 4 pacemen should have gone with Mahmood or Plunkett both could have done better than Lewis.

I'd rather have Bell as the 4th paceman than Lewis.

McGrath gets a bit of seam movement to get Joyce inside edging it. Thats where they are missing KP.
At least they have Collingwood who is ready made for this situation.

aussie1st said:

This will probably be his last go if he doesn't perform anyway.

evertonfan said:
Although i'm going to regret saying this, Mithchell Johnson really looks an average bowler to me i'm afraid. He doesn't seem to have any nip about him at all.

Don't regret it. Bracken is the left handed pacemen we want in the World Cup.

Joyce gone again. I really wanted to see some strokes from him but McGrath is just too consistent with his length.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Bell has the best record & Strauss' strike-rate for the series is probably now under 50 with an average of now under 20 while Bell contributed to a partnership in the last game of 45 with Flintoff.
It'd be harsh to go with Strauss over Bell considering Bell has a much better career ODI average over Strauss.

Dropping Strauss would be the logical choice which means Fletch and the selectors won't do it. Strauss has never really been good in ODI's and his average is flattered by runs against Bangladesh in 2005.

God I wish we wouldn't get out in such soft manners. If your going to get out, get out trying to whack him out the ground as well. Stop showing McGrath too much respect and hit him.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! :mad:

How did White do that? That is amazing! He just got rid of that and the bails went flying.

England's woe's continue.

LOL omg that was one messy run out. White went the hard end and I was expecting the batter to get back but he was no where when the stumps went flying.

Shame, Fletcher's sure to drop Bell ahead of Strauss now. Favouritism sucks.

Collingwood will get a 100 hundred here. He just has to.

evertonfan said:
Shame on all you Loye doubter. That was a defiant knock and it was a shame that it was a such a tame shot he got out to.
His aggression cannot be questioned. But somehow I always thought he would struggle in international cricket.

IloveGilly said:
How did White do that? That is amazing! He just got rid of that and the bails went flying.

England's woe's continue.

He actually fumbled it too after seeing the replays before back flicking it. Shows you how much of mess that was.

McGrath grabs Collingwood, what a mess this is turning out to be after such a promising start.

Users who are viewing this thread