Commonwealth Bank Series

Gosh, this isn't going according to plan at all. Hayden got tempted with the field up and hit it straight to Anderson.

Reminds me of the Champion Trophy, England posted a low total, Australia in trouble early and Martyn saved their arse. Expect Hussey to do the same this time round, but England have bowled very well, imagined how much they would be on top if they scored in excess of 200.

These two usually bat well together so hopefully we don't need Hussey :) This start is kinda of like our one against the Windies a few years back although there was more swing that day.
Lol that was funny, 3 fielders chasing one ball very EA like ;)

Hmm.. would definitely have sent Hussey in. Funny how Hayden and Gilchrist went out identically. Disinterest is England's most powerful weapon currently.

Maybe I'll rescind that. Bringing Huss in to accumulate would just get Clarke to give his wicket away.

Not this time Symonds out nicking just when it looked like he was winding up. What on earth is going on with us.

Lewis has 3 wickets? Now isn't that a surprise. This could be trouble if this partnership doesn't build.

Definitely need a partnership here or else we will be bringing White which would really test his batting skills. Still got Tremlett and Flintoff to come too!

IloveGilly said:
Lewis has 3 wickets? Now isn't that a surprise. This could be trouble if this partnership doesn't build.
I am not surprised. I always believed that he is a wicket taking bowler.

Also I think all the Aussies need to do now is play out the 50 overs, as by doing so they'll definately get to the target.

Only really need 40 overs to do the job here, if we get to 50 overs it would be via the tail.
Lewis was ready made for this pitch so that explains why the selectors kept faith in him.

aussie1st said:
Only really need 40 overs to do the job here, if we get to 50 overs it would be via the tail.
Lewis was ready made for this pitch so that explains why the selectors kept faith in him.
Thats true, what I meant was that Aussies just need to score runs as they come and not force anything themselves.

Regarding Lewis, I consider him a very useful bowler in ODIs. He hasnt had the best series but I think he will play a crucial role for England in the coming years.

Yea I agree we had two wickets both by Queenslanders that were forced ones. Hayden certainly didn't need to force the issue at that point given we had lost 2 wickets and Symonds one was poor execution. Hussey certainly won't throw his wicket away and Clarke has improved a lot so I don't expect him to throw it away either.

Still don't know about Lewis on those flatter tracks cause at his pace he wouldn't be too threatening I would think.

With Hussey at the crease,i dont think there's any need to worry.
Also to come are White and Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread