Commonwealth Bank Series

current series

andrew_nixon said:
Loye called up? About bloody time.
Best comment I've heard all night. He may be fine or the tension may get to him but he's earned his chance. I still believe, however, that a team should be settled upon and perservered with and if that doesn't happen you never get a content team. If you haven't got that you might just as well give up.

You know if Freddie, KP (if he were here uninjured), Vaughan, Flemming, Bond etc., were in top form, and fully fit, then this series, heck even the world cup, would see some terrific on field battles! Cricket would be a joy to watch! But now it seems that the games in this series are just a formality. Pity. I hope the world cup has a more hopeful outlook...

wfdu_ben91 said:
England without Trescothick, Harmison, Jones, Pietersen. When all at their best I rate over Mills, Styris & Oram.
Harmison retired. You can't count retired players.

Think about who we had out last match.

Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Shane Watson and we still won by over 100 runs.

Are England's selectors a complete bunch of dweebs? Why has Flintoff scored 47* and 75* in the last two innings? Answer, because he wasn't burdened with captaincy. So what do they go and do? Make him captain again and ruin any slim chance of reaching the final in the series.

Ah well, at least they've called up Loye to carry the drinks.

cricketmad09 said:

Lol, Watson.

cricketmad09 said:
Harmison retired. You can't count retired players.

Think about who we had out last match.

It's not a comparison of Australia vs England though is it?

Looks like Bond's career could be over. Shame, he had the potential to be the best ever bowler produced by New Zealand.

wfdu_ben91 said:
It's not a comparison of Australia vs England though is it?

Ben, every one of Cricketmad's comments are just full of biased Aussie stuff because he loves being the best in the world and everything non-Australian isn't fit to lace his boots.

Shame about Bond; He was better than a lot of out and out fast bowler in the modern game but injury really took a liking to him.

valvolux said:
I'd back Bangladesh to beat either of these teams.

Of course you would, your a completly biased and bigoted Aussie aren't you? :rolleyes: Your also ingnoring the fact that they've never beaten us and have actally beaten you.

aussie1st said:
Lewis has to go hes worthless and his fielding is below par. Try one of the other bowlers as they can't do any worse than Lewis.

I've always said Lewis would struggle outside of England and his performances in India and on this tour have proved that. Give Tremlett a go methinks.

Also the thing is he has been unlucky, Ian Botham pointed his action won't trouble him.
Hes just been so unlucky, his career could be over soon if he keeps getting these injuries.
There is only so much a human being can take.

evertonfan said:
I've always said Lewis would struggle outside of England and his performances in India and on this tour have proved that. Give Tremlett a go methinks.

To be fair, he only bowled 10 overs in the Champions Trophy and took 1-35! But I do agree that he is out of his depth in Australia and generally batsman friendly conditions.

evertonfan said:
Are England's selectors a complete bunch of dweebs? Why has Flintoff scored 47* and 75* in the last two innings? Answer, because he wasn't burdened with captaincy. So what do they go and do? Make him captain again and ruin any slim chance of reaching the final in the series.

Ah well, at least they've called up Loye to carry the drinks.

Lol, Watson.
oi! you leave watson outta this ;)

good rivalry here, shame it hasnt lived up to the hype just liek the ashes series :(

NZ v AUS
AUS v ENg are the biggest cricket rivalry going around!

Englands selectors again guilty of being afraid to rock the boat. Freddie is unfortunately a proven failure as captain, and they need to step back and realise that. Give it to Strauss and let Freddie lead by example as a player, and not get overburdened as captain. Instead they take the "don't want to possibly upset Freddie" when in reality it's proven to be the wrong way to go. You need a fairly mild mannered captain, because if you have a bowler who is full of passion skippering you, then that passion gets burried beneath responsibilty and invariably the performance level drops.

Well I guess a problem is that Strauss hasn't made any runs in the series so far.
The last he wants is to captian a team which is low on confidence and form.
Freddie's captincy isn't that bad he has just been let down by his players.
Its up to him t pick the players up with Vaughan injured.

RoboRocks said:
Well I guess a problem is that Strauss hasn't made any runs in the series so far.
The last he wants is to captian a team which is low on confidence and form.
Freddie's captincy isn't that bad he has just been let down by his players.
Its up to him t pick the players up with Vaughan injured.

Strauss batted better than he did for a long time when he was captain. Flintoff is a poor captain, too defensive and he is more than capable of leading by example as a player, like he did before he was given the captaincy.

Its it worth the risk to throw Strauss back the captincy after a poor series thus far?
I think you have to stick with Flintoff.
Its bad enough with players getting injured and all this chopping and changing.
Flintoff must stay captian.

Users who are viewing this thread