Complaining about lack of modding on consoles

Ill wait till I officially see a big NO post from Ross :P
till then I make some runs with my Biggs bat :)

Ashes Cricket 2013 did seem to have most of the name brands though - so if those were exclusive deals, that'd explain part of it.

I would doubt that a manufacturer would do an exclusive deal for that sort of level of exposure. (Especially if it was "at a minimal/free rate"). And, as a maker, I can't ever see myself asking for that. A player or a governing body maybe (like a front cover or game title) but not equipment.

I would doubt that a manufacturer would do an exclusive deal for that sort of level of exposure. (Especially if it was "at a minimal/free rate"). And, as a maker, I can't ever see myself asking for that. A player or a governing body maybe (like a front cover or game title) but not equipment.
I haven't got them in front of me to compare - but from memory the EA/Codemasters 2007 releases had quite different sets of equipment sponsors - though that might simply have been that they focused more on sponsoring the equipment of their cover players - like getting an MRF bat for Lara and the like.

I haven't got them in front of me to compare - but from memory the EA/Codemasters 2007 releases had quite different sets of equipment sponsors - though that might simply have been that they focused more on sponsoring the equipment of their cover players - like getting an MRF bat for Lara and the like.

Hmm. 2007 is the one I didn't really work on (except for a bunch of design feedback that was roundly ignored.) I guess if a bat was particularly customised for a player (Flintoff's Woodworm, Pontings Kahuna etc) that was on the front cover then *maybe* you'd want that exclusive, even if the same players were licensed in another game (as I think those two were in those).

Also possible is that without licensed players in a game, I guess that might cause issues: MRF might not want Byron Lama using an MRF bat. :)

Users who are viewing this thread