Console Patch 3 Release?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can you please elaborate why the Game according to you "is nowhere near as good as the PS4 version" vs the PS3 version.

I`m keen to hear about the differences . All that I can remember is a quicker response from all user inputs , otherwise the exact same game.

Gozmit

Club Captain
What was the difficulty level for online mode on console version(ps3) before patch3,was it VETERAN or PRO ? definitely it was not LEGEND for sure.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think there will be a patch 4.

...oh, there's a patch 4. Also secret patch 6.9 is the ticket, cheerleaders and all.

D

Deleted member 149013

Big shame that the cheerleaders will not dance for anything below 6.9
(looks in his pockets but no ticket, then looks at the patch list again:()

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can you please elaborate why the Game according to you "is nowhere near as good as the PS4 version" vs the PS3 version.

I`m keen to hear about the differences . All that I can remember is a quicker response from all user inputs , otherwise the exact same game.

After playing the game on PS4 you can't go back to PS3. Gameplay on PS4 is way smoother with no jitters or frame-rate issues. The ball goes along the ground smoothly unlike PS3 where there's shuddering and jittery gameplay which almost makes the ground seem like a glue pot. Also the load times are drastically reduced. It's a different gameplay experience and if you can, go for the PS4.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
After playing the game on PS4 you can't go back to PS3. Gameplay on PS4 is way smoother with no jitters or frame-rate issues. The ball goes along the ground smoothly unlike PS3 where there's shuddering and jittery gameplay which almost makes the ground seem like a glue pot. Also the load times are drastically reduced. It's a different gameplay experience and if you can, go for the PS4.

You can go back, if you have to for Patch 3, but I do agree that it's much better. The frame-rate is miles better, the load times less and it appears that the graphics are very slightly better too. Still, I'm not disliking the step back to PS3 as much as I thought I would (given the patch).

gunit123

County Cricketer
You can go back, if you have to for Patch 3, but I do agree that it's much better. The frame-rate is miles better, the load times less and it appears that the graphics are very slightly better too. Still, I'm not disliking the step back to PS3 as much as I thought I would (given the patch).

The ps3 version has simply been ported over to the ps4 with some good enhancements. Hopefully, the next game will be quite the opposite, as I hope it will be designed for the current gen consoles and then ported over to the old gen consoles to make best use of the graphics/gameplay.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Since patch 3 it says save for all batsmen's bowlers press x on my Xbox 360 so I assume after a bowling spell and i return to bowl later that my field would be the same e.g. 2 slips gully mid on off etc. but it changes so how is it not saved if I press the x button I thought it would save it plus I find fast bowlers are in a default position at slips is there anyway for that not to happen, I am only asking for some advice .

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

Thanks for the Proper Feedback mate . For me the move to PS4 will happen once it becomes much more affordable . With our Countries exchange going the way its going , I dont see this happening fast .

Maybe the next DBC will be the tipping point for me to make the jump.

The online difficulty used to be a custom one that was a balance between pro and veteran. Pro is probably closer.

So there is no way to get the same online difficulty like before the patch ? I`m wondering why BA went this way , probably to align online and offline play a bit ???

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So there is no way to get the same online difficulty like before the patch ? I`m wondering why BA went this way , probably to align online and offline play a bit ???
Nope. The reason is just that because co-op added a mode where you played against the AI, you needed to give people all the options difficulty wise, and didn't make sense to have different difficulties playing online versus matches and online co-op matches.

grkrama

National Board President
though i would say BA hit the sweet spot with AI batting vs human bowling in that custom online diff that was available for a few weeks before all the difficulties were added to co op! there was something different in that one compared to the other options!

Users who are viewing this thread