Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...they could have added stuff like career mode rather than having to get the basics working again, They would have made the release date too.

Double-edged sword; You'd have a whole slew of people whinging about it just being a port or prettied up engine dead on arrival... which ironically, they're saying anyway despite all the facts. IMO setting a release date so far from completion wouldn't have mattered either way had they had a base to work from... I doubt it would have made much difference since everyone would have expected SUBSTANTIAL gameplay and feature upgrades.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I disagree on the basis that IC10 was actually pretty good. Obviously online broken, hooking yorkers etc but we made a pretty comprehensive buglist and those were all fixable.
Always better to build on something than start again unless it's really broken.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
You're preaching to the choir on that one, I liked it and AC09 but I'm just speaking for the mongols... offense intended if anyone is so inclined... ;)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
"We sat down in 2009 and decided to throw it all out" is seriously disingenuous. Getting a bit fed up hearing that tbh.
And then sat down in 2010 and told us there was nothing major they thought they didn't get time to do for the game.

Ironically had they bought the IC10 code they could have added stuff like career mode rather than having to get the basics working again, They would have made the release date too.
Depends how salvageable the base was - I think they would have been able to weigh that up against how much of the IC2010 code was broken and how much needed replacing (the clunky animations and online to name a few).

The issue would be how they estimated the time it would take them to develop - the thing that's very unclear to me is when exactly they started development - we've heard everything from 3 years to 18 months ago - indeed it seems like they are blurring the line on whether they started thinking about rewriting before IC2010 was out.

At least a new engine is an excuse for longer dev times - if they did use IC2010 as a base, then I'd imagine 505 would have just given them 6 months to give it a refresh and a roster update to cash in on the licence. At least this way they had to do the hard work.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Trailer and screenshots possibly on their way next week. DRS to be released as a future DLC is a bit strange (wonder how much that'll cost).

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Pc members, ashes team have just release there first 10 questions as they said they would.
Go to facebook as chief has gone for good would be my guess.:spy

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Good to see Mike answering the questions frankly.....Hope the game reaches the path the developers are aiming for .....All the best...:thumbs

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Let's see how long this type of communication keeps going.

srk121

International Coach
Seems like confidence is definitely down after listening to mike. Will have to wait and see what we get next week.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So all the stuff 505 Games claimed about team working on the game for a long time etc. was nothing but a bunch of lies. The more you hear Mike & 505 Games, the more it becomes apparent AC13 was never meant to be an upgrade on previous titles, and the intent was all about moneygrab based on Ashes license in a year when two Ashes series would be held.

Gurjot95

National Board President
So they are answering to people that their game don't need DRS because umpires in their game always make correct decisions but they intend to include DRS as DLC..

But not to worry, it is neither in the nature of Trickstar Games nor 505 Games to find excuses, but rather solutions!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One very interesting piece of information for folks in North America...

Mike Fegan mentioned the plan is to release the game in North America. However, they are still working on whether to release it via retail channel or release it digitally (Xbox Live or psn store) :yes

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I just listened to the 10 questions and I will say that's the most honest I have heard from these guys, sure some of the questions were not new but the stuff about the engine problems and the submitting also talked about was brave.

In the end I am trying not to hate them as in the end all we want is a good cricket game, if there game was in this much trouble don't hide like cowards just tell us the fans and we will except it.:yes

To any member with a facebook page, maybe try to ask where chief is, if he comes back we promise not to let Captain Oz and Ross on his neck.:p

akk90

School Cricketer
I wish to ignore everything that trickstar/505 has to say,they have treated their end users too lightly and have taken them for granted.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, the only way they can get any credit back is to release a good game for once. Still trying to be positive about ashes 2013, it's hard.:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread