Complaining about lack of modding on consoles

Woah! Hey...let's not be hasty now. My Adidas Incurza bat served me pretty well...no need to disparage that fine, fine brand. :p

Might of been just mine then... went from 50s and 60s to 10s and 20s with a high score of 23...

Still its eye catching bro!

Well then pay 10$ more if its that important... [/Argument]

:cheerswhy pay $ 10 more? it is $ 10 cheaper with all the features.

So this whole argument about you saying the pc is better and the console version is a waste but at the end of the day you wont even buy the pc because its the same as the consoles?

I'm going... for a while...

Let's move on please.
Mods are only available for the PC version so you'll need to buy it to get them. End of
Hope DBC 15 Will only available for PC, please present this suggestion to Ross because no one get hurt then.

Woah! Hey...let's not be hasty now. My Adidas Incurza bat served me pretty well...no need to disparage that fine, fine brand. :p
I got a Pellara Pro for like £25 in JJB and it's the best bat i've ever used. I loved the JJB sale

Hope DBC 15 Will only available for PC, please present this suggestion to Ross because no one get hurt then.
And the fact some of us don't have the hardware to run the game, i'm a console gamer because I know I can keep the same machine for years, everyone's on the same machine and a console is a lot cheaper to buy than building a top of the range gaming rig (which I would love to have). Console versions of games allow everybody to play the latest and best games, and where most companies get a shit-ton of cash. Mate, just fearsome tweak off with your "I paid $x for a game I KNEW wouldn't have mods, now I can't trade it in because i'm retarded and then by the PC version" The only scumbag in this argument is you, oh and @Ross because I WANT MY DBC ON XBOX TO HAVE RAINBOW BALLLS AND UNICRON BATZZZ, U R N00B 4 PC MASTOR RACE HAVING MODZZORZ. There, hope you realise how much of a self-entitled **** you sound. Kthxbai

And the fact some of us don't have the hardware to run the game, i'm a console gamer because I know I can keep the same machine for years, everyone's on the same machine and a console is a lot cheaper to buy than building a top of the range gaming rig (which I would love to have). Console versions of games allow everybody to play the latest and best games, and where most companies get a shit-ton of cash. Mate, just fearsome tweak off with your "I paid $x for a game I KNEW wouldn't have mods, now I can't trade it in because i'm retarded and then by the PC version" The only scumbag in this argument is you, oh and @Ross because I WANT MY DBC ON XBOX TO HAVE RAINBOW BALLLS AND UNICRON BATZZZ, U R N00B 4 PC MASTOR RACE HAVING MODZZORZ. There, hope you realise how much of a self-entitled **** you sound. Kthxbai

In terms of profit, if a game were solely on PC and sold well, there are greater profits to be made there, particularly on steam, from what I have heard (and discussed with one person). The issue is that they tend to feel that PC has too much piracy and there is still a large console market. For these reasons it's worth going down that route still. The issue is that the Xbox 360 and PS3, whilst having around 160 million units out there, are really getting on a bit. The quality of any game on there is not going to be able to be as high, and that forces limits on the games (although the Xbone isn't immune to this, nor is the PS4, thanks watch_dogs) and the difficulty of patching and other issues with the ability to be able to edit content means there are plenty of issues to deal with.

I don't get complaining about a lack of mods on the Xbox 360 though, it would be nice for the Xbox 360 users, but Ross has been very open from the start that they won't be able to do anything about it at this time. I'm sure they're looking into options, but it difficult and you did buy the game completely in the knowledge that you wouldn't be able to add mods to the game. You can dance around that point as much as you like, but the cold simple point is that it was a known from the start that only the PC version could be modded at this time. It's not even a bonus for the PC version either, it's just that it's easier to do such things on the PC. It's not like BigAnt have locked it for the consoles.

[HASHTAG]#kthnxbailolyoloswag[/HASHTAG]

Genuine question; What games on console have support for community based mods?

Pro Evo; apparently.

I'll be honest: I can't think of any off the top of my head. There are a bunch of games that have developer-supported modding (the TES series, for example) on PC but not on consoles...

What games on console have support for community based mods?

Just googled that and this thread comes 4th on the search, that should give some perspective.

I went through a bit more about PES mods from what i understand, The PES way is actually not true modding i suppose it is more like academy just with a pixel editor and instead of sharing through servers like academy they are making a con file in the editor in the console and then sharing it outside in forums mostly because PES wouldnt allow the copyright images through their servers i guess.So basically they have to make the logos inside the pes game it self i think by capturing images in cam and it takes around 2-3 hours for just one logo for experienced guys as that pixel editor is a basic one though decent, i dont see it as a good option to be honest, as BA have told they dont have the resources to vet images as well as the pixel editor will be very limited.

If DBC have to make it moddable on consoles they have to build a system for importing assets like DLC and then also give us an editor for PC which will allow us to make those files which i dont think would be possible as apart form all the work involved to make it happen, neither MS nor SONY will allow them to give us editors to make files in those formats i think.

Last edited:
Just googled that and this thread comes 4th on the search, that should give some perspective.

I went through a bit more about PES mods from what i understand, The PES way is actually not true modding i suppose it is more like academy just with a pixel editor and instead of sharing through servers like academy they are making a con file in the editor in the console and then sharing it outside in forums mostly because PES wouldnt allow the copyright images through their servers i guess.So basically they have to make the logos inside the pes game it self i think by capturing images in cam and it takes around 2-3 hours for just one logo for experienced guys as that pixel editor is a basic one though decent, i dont see it as a good option to be honest, as BA have told they dont have the resources to vet images as well as the pixel editor will be very limited.

If DBC have to make it moddable on consoles they have to build a system for importing assets like DLC and then also give us an editor for PC which will allow us to make those files which i dont think would be possible as apart form all the work involved to make it happen, neither MS nor SONY will allow them to give us editors to make files in those formats i think.

Daymos has a complete mod file for pes and as far as I know it is the only one. As far as uploading images onto pes, it is not that difficult. Basically all you need is a converter for png to bin files. I have played around with it quite a bit and the results are pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread