Complaining about lack of modding on consoles

I don't think the PES console "option files" replace textures as such, there's just a bunch of quite flexible kit editing options in the game and I think stuff like sponsor logos and team emblems are the only things that can actually be imported as an image file.

There's no console mods for PES for things such as adboards, overlays, balls, boots, referee kits and much more, and the PC mods are of a much higher quality as a whole because high definition textures can be used rather than being limited to the options in the game's editing section.

say no to more console versions with less features!!:noway make one xbox copy less next time. im gonna buy PC version.

As long as we get patches for gameplay fixes and enhancement on consoles, I don't care about mods. Gameplay is what matters and TBH folks who want to create mods should go for PC version of the game.

say no to more console versions with less features!!:noway make one xbox copy less next time. im gonna buy PC version.
Give it a rest.

As long as we get patches for gameplay fixes and enhancement on consoles, I don't care about mods. Gameplay is what matters and TBH folks who want to create mods should go for PC version of the game.
Even though I would like to get the mods into PS3 game,I think you are right about that gameplay is all that matters as you dont actually concentrate much on the uniform or the branded bats....

can someone please tell me the reason it took extra two and half months than console version to released PC version? wonder why!!! could have released all three flatforms on same day.

Gameplay is obviously most important, but stuff like having accurate bats, kit and stumps does very much add to the immersion, which adds to the overall gameplay experience. I think it's especially important in a cricket game compared to other sports such as football because the game is generally played with a camera at much closer quarters to the action, especially if you use the 'Close' or 'Pro' cameras in DBC, meaning the quality and content of textures is very apparent compared to some other sports games.

These same people saying 'gameplay is everything' would probably jump at the chance of applying these mods to their console versions if it were possible... Seems like denial to me, dismissing something as unimportant that you can't have - I did it myself when I was on the 360 between 2007-2013.

can someone please tell me the reason it took extra two and half months than console version to released PC version? wonder why!!! could have released all three flatforms on same day.

An attempt to minimise piracy.

May I suggest you start contributing some screenshots to this thread? Oh wait...

As widely reported at the time, because it was only decided late to implement Steam into the PC version. So they decided to hold it back until that was in the game.

These same people saying 'gameplay is everything' would probably jump at the chance of applying these mods to their console versions if it were possible... Seems like denial to me, dismissing something as unimportant that you can't have - I did it myself when I was on the 360 between 2007-2013.
If the modding situation was reversed - as in only on consoles - I'd take the performance and load times of the PC version over a chance for mods.

Still - anyone who has visited this site knows that the tens of thousands of mods for older cricket games were all PC only - the best consoles ever got were maybe a roster update - someone did one for IC2010, and there's a complex way to make the player editor work on PS2 copies of Cricket 07. It's not like it's a new thing that suddenly consoles are being excluded - we've never had a more moddable console cricket game than the amount of things you can do in the academy out of the box.

then don't buy any console games then!!!

Gameplay is obviously most important, but stuff like having accurate bats, kit and stumps does very much add to the immersion, which adds to the overall gameplay experience. I think it's especially important in a cricket game compared to other sports such as football because the game is generally played with a camera at much closer quarters to the action, especially if you use the 'Close' or 'Pro' cameras in DBC, meaning the quality and content of textures is very apparent compared to some other sports games.

If it is possible then its very much welcomed but if not then shouldn't bother much about that....

well said!!respect!!

Users who are viewing this thread