Complaining about lack of modding on consoles

Still - anyone who has visited this site knows that the tens of thousands of mods for older cricket games were all PC only - the best consoles ever got were maybe a roster update - someone did one for IC2010, and there's a complex way to make the player editor work on PS2 copies of Cricket 07. It's not like it's a new thing that suddenly consoles are being excluded - we've never had a more moddable console cricket game than the amount of things you can do in the academy out of the box
All of those games are fully licenced if im not wrong. for an example in IC 2010 there are lot of sponsered bats so there is no big different like here. anyway thanks for made this look like a proper thread.

DBC14 has the fully licensed 'This Guy Gets It' bat - what more do you need?

If it is possible then its very much welcomed but if not then shouldn't bother much about that....
That's the same attitude I had before I got a gaming PC... Now having experienced the prolific modding of various titles, playing a game (particularly sports game) in it's vanilla state just feels a bit bland and I could never go back to playing unmodded console games.

That's the same attitude I had before I got a gaming PC... Now having experienced the prolific modding of various titles, playing a game (particularly sports game) in it's vanilla state just feels a bit bland and I could never go back to playing unmodded console games.

yeah!!keep it real

If the modding situation was reversed - as in only on consoles - I'd take the performance and load times of the PC version over a chance for mods.

Still - anyone who has visited this site knows that the tens of thousands of mods for older cricket games were all PC only - the best consoles ever got were maybe a roster update - someone did one for IC2010, and there's a complex way to make the player editor work on PS2 copies of Cricket 07. It's not like it's a new thing that suddenly consoles are being excluded - we've never had a more moddable console cricket game than the amount of things you can do in the academy out of the box.

Actually default fields were editable using 360 version of IC10. I should know I created them all and playing IC10 was 10x improved as a result

Cough cough...Big Ant.....cough cough :p

You don't seem to have answered my question: no console games have modding (bar PES, but that seems limited and very involved) to the level of the PC version despite many of the PC versions having dev-supported modding. Look at Skyrim, which has really involved modding, including mods that fix the core game, yet they aren't available to console players. If you do "boycott" games that "discriminate" (haha you don't seem to understand what that word means) against you, then are you limiting yourself to Xbox 360 exclusive, which this year would limit you to... titanfall?

Actually default fields were editable using 360 version of IC10. I should know I created them all and playing IC10 was 10x improved as a result

Cough cough...Big Ant.....cough cough :p
Yeah, but on the PC version of IC201 --- wait a minute!!!

You don't seem to have answered my question: no console games have modding (bar PES, but that seems limited and very involved) to the level of the PC version despite many of the PC versions having dev-supported modding. Look at Skyrim, which has really involved modding, including mods that fix the core game, yet they aren't available to console players. If you do "boycott" games that "discriminate" (haha you don't seem to understand what that word means) against you, then are you limiting yourself to Xbox 360 exclusive, which this year would limit you to... titanfall?
sorry i lost you!is this directed to me?

Don't let them fool ya,
Or even try to school ya! Oh, no!
We've got a mind of our own,
So go to hell if what you're thinking is not right!

Users who are viewing this thread