Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

To all the people that have created these players, you have done a bloody brilliant job, I had a looksy at a fair few players last night.
Now please excuse my ignorance, BUT, are these teams all going to be useable in the game, and if so, is it a simple matter of downloading and it replaces the unlicensed teams already in the game? I apologise as I'm sure this has been clarified but I can't find anything on it. Cheers guys.

To all the people that have created these players, you have done a bloody brilliant job, I had a looksy at a fair few players last night.
Now please excuse my ignorance, BUT, are these teams all going to be useable in the game, and if so, is it a simple matter of downloading and it replaces the unlicensed teams already in the game? I apologise as I'm sure this has been clarified but I can't find anything on it. Cheers guys.

yes, this is really the purpose of the thread as it verifies these teams are properly created and linked, so it will replace all the unlicensed teams and players.

to give an example, there could be an england created by say "mrx" where he has just put unlinked players in, if you downloaded that you'd end up with two englands, the unlicensed one and then the downloaded one. (you could then link it yourself easily enough, but you would need to do that.) however if you download an england done by one of the creators in the first post, you will have only the downloaded england and no unlicensed team.

obviously the list has expanded to create a number of teams that aren't on the on-disc roster (e.g. domestic teams other than england, aus, IPL/BBL) but again the ones in the list in the first post are verified to have all individual players who can be linked as being linked.

your best bet is to:
1)download all domestic teams other than england county,
2)download england county, aussie state, IPL and BBL
3)download any other non-linked teams in the list in the OP
4)download all historic and all time international teams
5)download all current international teams

use one of the creators in the OP and just keep letting it overwrite.

finally, it's then worth checking some teams you are likely to play with regularly and have players you'd obviously recognise, and if you're unhappy with any of the players themselves, you can always swap them individually. you can also tweak default lineups, uniforms etc. to get it customised to your individual preference.

it should take you less than 30 minutes, and is worth a bit of effort to get the very best experience for you personally. this is what i recommend to everyone.

@blockerdave

I'm going to be downloading a fair few of the teams you've done, but what If i want to replace some of the players with a few i've created that are already linked to the on disc players. Is it a case of just downloading the team, allowing it to overwrite what i've done so far, then just re-link my player afterwards? If that makes sense?!

Thanks.

@blockerdave,
Is there an option to download a specific team of a creator? E.g., can I download say Snowy's (Casper) Aussie teams, your (mrdconnors) English teams, Chandrakif's Indian teams and Israr's SA teams etc. or I will need to download all the teams created by the above mentioned creators and sort which teams I want to use after the teams have been downloaded?

@blockerdave,
Is there an option to download a specific team of a creator? E.g., can I download say Snowy's (Casper) Aussie teams, your (mrdconnors) English teams, Chandrakif's Indian teams and Israr's SA teams etc. or I will need to download all the teams created by the above mentioned creators and sort which teams I want to use after the teams have been downloaded?

Yes you can, just search for their usernames and then select the team of them you wane download.

Yes you can, just search for their usernames and then select the team of them you wane download.

Great! Now I don't need to download bunch of teams and focus on key teams I would like to download.

@blockerdave

I'm going to be downloading a fair few of the teams you've done, but what If i want to replace some of the players with a few i've created that are already linked to the on disc players. Is it a case of just downloading the team, allowing it to overwrite what i've done so far, then just re-link my player afterwards? If that makes sense?!

Thanks.

Make sure your created players are linked and uploaded first for a fail safe approach. Then download his teams and then redownload the players you have created or relink the players locally ( they still should be under my players/other players)

it might be worth initially getting people on here to nominate who they think has the best teams and then seeing if big ant can plug those with a 5 start rating so people not on planetcricket can get roughly the best teams with the simple replace with best option, then leave them to tweek as they see fit.

would save a lot of faffing about and make the game a lot easier to update for people not on PC who will be introduced to CA for the first time when the game arrives. we still have two weeks so might as well do something with it.

I can chuck a poll up on this thread if someone wants to give me the options.

Can't see them doing that as that'd involve them choosing and therefore favouring someone's creations.

We here on PC know the best, so that should be enough.

@blockerdave

Thanks.

you can do that, or if you have linked the players beforehand (which i'd recommend as it makes everything easier) it will just ask you what aspects of the player you want to replace when you do that

it might be worth initially getting people on here to nominate who they think has the best teams and then seeing if big ant can plug those with a 5 start rating so people not on planetcricket can get roughly the best teams with the simple replace with best option, then leave them to tweek as they see fit.

would save a lot of faffing about and make the game a lot easier to update for people not on PC who will be introduced to CA for the first time when the game arrives. we still have two weeks so might as well do something with it.

Problem is for most creations, it is quite subjective who created the best version. For example no one like's blocker's anderson other than blocker himself who is still going around claiming he has has the best anderson.

BA recently did a massive reset and now mostly the good teams are rated high in academy. Once the game goes public, people can choose what they belive is the best among those.

honestly, i think there is little difference between the teams by the creators in the OP except my england having a photo-realistic anderson and the others being terrible, it's all gonna be subjective and likely you'll think say out of the 30 person roster, you will like different players from different creators... so you're better to choose the whole teams first then check the main players and swap them individually.

To be honest after the ongoing battle between BD and Israr I had to go back and look at both Anderson's closely...

Can't believe there's even a debate, you'd have to be complete Mike Fegan not to know which one was better...

Not even a contest, the other one looks horrible...

Couldn't agree more. All I want to do is click "Get Best Teams" option on PS3 and get the best teams out there. If there's one odd bad player I get (Anderson ;) ) so be it as long as most of the players are pretty good.

fair enough if no one wants to do that, I'll leave the last word to the re-skilling guys since it's your work.

I thought if there was a consensus about the best teams getting big ant to mirror that consensus would help the initial set up. I know I won't be able to do much on CA until I get the game as my PC isn't very good so ideally I'm looking to sub in as many teams as possible as quickly as possible to just get the right names, so would quite like the replace with best option to be fully functional from the word go, then if I prefer other creations I'll change them about as I play. this also helps people who don't post on PC or have CA yet get started with decent replacements as soon as possible.

as I said though last word on this will be from the guys involved here so if I haven't persuaded you then we'll leave it your way.

Users who are viewing this thread